Miscellaneous ⇒ Licenses, GPL & Violations ⇒ is it legal to sell site ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexLicenses, GPL & Violations

is it legal to sell site Reply to topic

i am thinking to stop working with my site, it was open 2 huge years and now i am thinking about selling it.

Is it legal to sell site which is designed on dragonfly?

I am asking becouse i doesn't want to have any problems in the future.

Juventus the champion!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows XP/2.0.53/4.1.16/5.1.1/Dragonfly....Gentoo Linux/2.0.52-r1/4.1.16/5.1.1/Dragonfly

Im pretty sure you can legally sell the domain name, and the content of the site, but the new owners will have to be aware of the fact that it was built with an open source cms, and they will have to keep all credits in tact if they choose to continue using your current site. But I am not a lawyer of anysorts so anyone else feel free to chime in.. except djdevon cause he posts to much Razz

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

They do not have to keep credits to anything. Dragonfly is GPL, which allows you to do anything you want, including selling it, making any modifications, etc etc etc

www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

php 5

Well then if they remove the credits they loose support, so if anything happens they are on there own. Have a nice day!

The site in your profile is not a DragonflyCMS powered site. Whats the site you are talking about?

Multiple Setups

An author of a program is using my source code by including it to the program, but has not modified it. Under the GPLv3 license (for my code, not his), does he have to release ALL his source code, or only the code provided by me?

If he does not need to release HIS source code, what license can I use that would make it so authors would have to release their code when using mine?

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

if i understand it correctly. if he releases all of it as a single package or program then all of it becomes gpl if he releases his code separate from yours but they work together license is separate to

Multiple Setups

hmm, another one of these sly spammers.

Doesn't run Dragonfly and signs up just to promote his sig - pointless really.

Note the careful choice of posts - nm, now "adjusted".

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

I'm looking to set up a new Dragonfly site to control access to clients online IP security cameras. I DO intend to remove the credits from the site however my intention is to make a sizeable Paypal donation (£100) through paypal to the developers here.

There is the letter of the law but also the 'spirit' of fairness in rewarding developers who are assisting you in a successful commercial site. Any custom code/modules/blocks I create to assist my project will be released here under GPL in downloads to hopefully assist others.

Does anyone object to this?

gerry @ redgerry.com
redgerry.com
clacks.co
123v.com
copseygroup.com

Suse11.4 - LAMP on zypper - ISPConfig 3