Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ Request deep edit in the user information if possible ! :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ Request deep edit in the user information if possible !

Hey there this may sound strange but it would really advance me in my project im wondering if anyone with spare time would change all the files that are needing to be changed for changing the

(Real Name) part in the user profile to (Nickname) leave all the settings as they are but make it if some other user is trying to use the same nickname they will get a msg saying this nickname is already in use exactly like the username.

as Real Name allows unicode and would be ideal for my project!

thx in advance

P.S this is by far the best portal ive used in ages and clean !

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
N/A

username also supports unicode Wink

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Yes thats good but what im planning on doing is changing the entire portal into a decent chat network as I know this portal has well than enough potential i used to use nuke evolution as my chat network untill I heard about this portal and to be honest I dont want to go back !

see my plans are this username = their login cant change and then nickname is their chatname which they can change if they like but cant be the same as anyone elses.

But since im not properly used to the source coding yet I really dont want to edit it myself just incase I make mistakes as I want this up and running as soon as possible.

I didnt think I would ever use a portal again for my chat network untill I had a little play with this one and found it very clean and decent.

If you could help me with my request I would really appreciate it ! thx.

N/A

If you look at your profile
There's a custom field "IRC Nickname"
We use this so you can autologin with that nick into the IRC chatroom.

So just create such field yourself thru:
admin -> members config -> fields

Then the only thing you have to do is modify /modules/Your_Account/functions.php
Add some code in the function check_fields() like:
} else { $val = Fix_Quotes($input[$var], 1); # your code hack if ($row['field'] == 'chatname') { # check if name is unique if ($db->sql_count($user_prefix."_users", "chatname = '$val'")) cpg_error('Chatname must be unique'); } # end your code hack if (strlen($val) > 0) {

I see that on your site I like it and would want to use it but I see one propblem I tested to see if I can clone any other members IRC Nickname and I found out that I can im wondering how would I be able to stop that and make it say IRC Nickname already taken ?

as im using IRCX not IRCD so cloning wont happen unless the portal allows it !

N/A

we don't use that custom PHP code on our website.
It was a draft how you could implement it on yours by modifying the mentioned function.

Do you understand it now?

ah yes I think I do I activate the IRC Nickname part then I add that code into the selected file and thats it I have it done am i right ?

N/A

yep

if ($row['field'] == 'chatname') { # check if name is unique if ($db->sql_count($user_prefix."_users", "chatname = '$val'")) cpg_error('Chatname must be unique'); }

i added that exactly where you said and everything is working apart from that hack ?

as it doesnt check the field and doesnt say nickname is already taken i changed all chatname to Nickname have you any ideas how i can fix this mate

thx in advance

N/A