Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Coppermine ⇒ One image in multiple albums? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Coppermine

One image in multiple albums? Reply to topic

Hey,

I really need to be able to reference one uploaded image, and place it in more than just one album. We upload monthly comic solicitations at our site each month, but some of the images I'd like to also add into specialized galleries.

I've researched this at the Coppermine site, but I can't find any reference of it here. Apparently this feature has been added to the basic Coppermine install; I'm sure it has to do with the way Coppermine is integrated into Dragonfly.

The feature is accomplished using "Album Keywords" to identify a picture and add it to multiple albums. All I see are basic keywords for search purposes. Here are a couple of threads where people were wanting this feature implememented:

coppermine-gallery.net...pic=2888.0
coppermine-gallery.net...ic=27624.0

Any ideas?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.34/4.1.18-Standard/5.0.5/Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

Maybe I'm just not going about this right. According to this post, this feature was implemented in February of 2004.

Does anyone get what I'm tring to do? I'm hoping that I'm just not seeing something obvious, and that there is a way to have the same image in more than one gallery! 🙏

There is not and coppermine for DF is not the same coppermine as the stand alone. It was branched off into it's own development for DF.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Shoot. The posts at Coppermine referenced making changes to the database to link to specific images. Because tinkering with MySQL makes me nervous, I didn't read into it too deeply. I might give it another look. It seems so convoluted, but maybe it won't be as difficult as it sounds. Again, I wonder if DF's version of Coppermine will lend itself to those kinds of changes.

As it is, I'm looking at uploading the same picture multiple times.

Is there a way to hotlink to an image in Coppermine? Sorta like you can add a download via the file's URL in Downloads Pro?

Apologies for necro-posting - but does this feature exist in the current install of coppermine? Or do I need to upload pictures multiple times to have it in multiple albums?