Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ MediaWiki integration? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

MediaWiki integration? Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4

True, this may have value from that perspective. I certainly learned a bunch. But from the perspective of debugging and getting test users for a new Module, this pretty much sucks. You've got to go to page 3 to get to actual code. Unless that wasn't the point of stickying it.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.9/Apache 1.3.36/MySQL 4.1.18/PHP 5.1.4/CPG Nuke 9.1.0.8 (Modified)

SaintPeter wrote
True, this may have value from that perspective. I certainly learned a bunch. But from the perspective of debugging and getting test users for a new Module, this pretty much sucks. You've got to go to page 3 to get to actual code. Unless that wasn't the point of stickying it.

I should look, but did you submit this to the downloads as a mod file?

Unix / 2.0.46 (Red Hat) / 0.9.7a / 4.1.9-standard / 4.3.2 / 9.0.6.1

spacebar wrote
I should look, but did you submit this to the downloads as a mod file?

My site finally went live, so I'm waiting to see if it breaks badly. I'll probably package it back up in a week or so, once I'm confident that it's stable.

There is another thread that has version 0.4, which is what I'm running on my Live Site.

Thread Here:
www.dragonflycms.org/F...tml#112230

First post has the latest version attached.

need some help...

here

www.dragonflycms.org/F...tml#120129

Why doesn't the wiki show up in google etc? I want my wiki to show when someone searches for a wiki entry but that doesn't appear to happen, I added around 18 articles a few months ago and waited to see if they would appear but still nothing?

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

I don't know for sure.

Are you using LEO? That may help.

I'd suggest checking this site:
www.google.com/webmasters/

It has tools for getting Google to index your site and to report to you what is happening with your site with respect to Google. It may be able to tell you if it's not able to index the Wiki.

Bugger, it wasn't on, I have turned it on now though and will report back if it changes.

I wonder if anyone elses mediawiki shows up in search engines though.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Bluefin221 wrote
I wonder if anyone elses mediawiki shows up in search engines though.

Well, I just searched for something that I knew was in my Wiki and it showed up, so it looks like it.

It's not clear if it gets 2nd order links, though.

Mine works fine:
www.google.com/search?...mp;spell=1

I have some questions about this project as I have been following it.

How is the integration level into the cms many errors etc does everything work fine?

And is it easy to install?

Can someone make a post with basic simple install instructions if it is as I'm looking at using it.

Dragonfly (9.1.2.1) PHP 4.3.10 MySQL 4.1.13

Should we upgrade our mediawiki version with this integration? Are there any security exploits to be concerned about?

I was wondering if anyone got this working with MediaWiki version 11+ and Dragonfly 9.2+?

While the Got Poetry link above is well executed, the media wiki itself is 2 years old, and soem plug ins wont work.

I was able to install the latest of both up until the initial connection were upon I get all sorts of errors

I did do the authentication method from the first page:
dragonflycms.org/Forum...54/#111954

It worked well with MW 1.13.3 and Dragonfly 9.2.1

The only thing is with the Bureaucrat and Sysop rights, as the local MW users wil no longer work. To get around this you can log in as your soon to be Sysop and Bureaucrat before anyone (making you user number 2) and create 2 new entries into the SQL table:

INSERT INTO `mw_user_groups` (`ug_user`, `ug_group`) VALUES ('2', 'sysop'), ('2', 'bureaucrat');

I used "mw_" as my table prefix, chnage this as needed.

the other way is to rem out the extension lines in LocalSettings.php after creating your character, log in as the local admin account, elevate your DF created one, log out and then un-rem the lines in LocalSettings.php again.

Hope that helps people.

Bedevere wrote
I was wondering if anyone got this working with MediaWiki version 11+ and Dragonfly 9.2+?

While the Got Poetry link above is well executed, the media wiki itself is 2 years old, and soem plug ins wont work.

I was able to install the latest of both up until the initial connection were upon I get all sorts of errors

I did do the authentication method from the first page:
dragonflycms.org/Forum...54/#111954

It worked well with MW 1.13.3 and Dragonfly 9.2.1

The only thing is with the Bureaucrat and Sysop rights, as the local MW users wil no longer work. To get around this you can log in as your soon to be Sysop and Bureaucrat before anyone (making you user number 2) and create 2 new entries into the SQL table:

INSERT INTO `mw_user_groups` (`ug_user`, `ug_group`) VALUES ('2', 'sysop'), ('2', 'bureaucrat');

I used "mw_" as my table prefix, chnage this as needed.

the other way is to rem out the extension lines in LocalSettings.php after creating your character, log in as the local admin account, elevate your DF created one, log out and then un-rem the lines in LocalSettings.php again.

Hope that helps people.
bump on this, where we at...

dfaddons.com

OS/Apache/Mysql/php/9.2.X/