Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ MediaWiki Dragonfly Integration - Version 0.4 - Beta ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

MediaWiki Dragonfly Integration - Version 0.4 - Beta Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

What about a Last 5 edits block? Wondering how feasible it would be to run a Recent Changes and parse out the last 5 and show it in a block Smile

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.4.32 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 5.0.16 / PHP 5.2.2 / Dragonfly CVS

Beldak wrote
What about a Last 5 edits block? Wondering how feasible it would be to run a Recent Changes and parse out the last 5 and show it in a block Smile

I think that would be very difficult to do. The "best" way to do it would be to replicate the code that MediaWiki uses to determine the last 5 edits and dump that in the block. But there is no facility to take information from the main output and dump it in a block.

Linux 2.6.9/Apache 1.3.36/MySQL 4.1.18/PHP 5.1.4/CPG Nuke 9.1.0.8 (Modified)

Amazing job SaintPeter and Hókipóki, I hope this will be the answer to my wiki problems! I have been fighting with the CVS version for over a week now and I finally found this thread. I certainly appreciate all the time and effort you have put in to get this to a beta and GREATLY look forward to the full stable release!!

2K3/V2/5.0.51/4.3.11/9.2.1

I have installed mediawiki before. It's unclear to me how you go about installing it in the module/mediawiki folder. I cannot get it to install at all. I think I am missing a step with the database. How did you set that up? I really need this and have read things over and over.

Edit: Pretty sure this is my problem Sad . I have ran the command to allow permission /shrug and deleted the .htaccess.

You don't have permission to access /modules/MediaWiki/config/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at digievolve.com Port 80

I get this error message in the /mediawiki subdirectory . I use an addon domain, but I have set this up for a subdomain before and don't think their should be an issue.

Warning: require_once(./includes/templates/NoLocalSettings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dulacsco/public_html/digievolve/modules/MediaWiki/includes/WebStart.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/templates/NoLocalSettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dulacsco/public_html/digievolve/modules/MediaWiki/includes/WebStart.php on line 71

Edit: NM, I got mad and hit enter 3 times and it popped up. I cleared my cache earlier, so I do not understand. Lol, and I have been trying to configure stuff for 3 hours...

Linux/Apache 2/4.1.18-standard-log/4.4.1/Dragonfly9.0.6.1

You have to actually install the mediawiki system itself, and then do a slight few edits to have it working with dragonfly, its 5/6 small changes and very clear in the install instructions.

Have a look at my new chat home: www.worldwidechatters.com
Looking for hosting www.caltonhosting.com

Below is my settings.... cant get it to work..
Site continously tell me the below
The URL that you requested, /modules/MediaWiki/wiki.php?title=Main_Page&action=edit, could not be found. Perhaps you either mistyped the URL or we have a broken link.

It shows the wiki main page fine.. clicking on anything else shows url not found..

my dragonfly site is located in
/public_html/subdir/
web address is www.subdir.com

Did I set anything wrong on my local settings.php file?

below is my localsettings.php file
<?php # This file was automatically generated by the MediaWiki installer. # If you make manual changes, please keep track in case you need to # recreate them later. # # See includes/DefaultSettings.php for all configurable settings # and their default values, but don't forget to make changes in _this_ # file, not there. # If you customize your file layout, set $IP to the directory that contains # the other MediaWiki files. It will be used as a base to locate files. $wgScriptPath = "/subdir"; //inserted if( defined( 'MW_INSTALL_PATH' ) ) { $IP = MW_INSTALL_PATH; } else { $IP = dirname( __FILE__ ); } $path = array( $IP, "$IP/includes", "$IP/languages" ); set_include_path( implode( PATH_SEPARATOR, $path ) );//inserted require_once( "includes/DefaultSettings.php" ); # If PHP's memory limit is very low, some operations may fail. # ini_set( 'memory_limit', '20M' ); if ( $wgCommandLineMode ) { if ( isset( $_SERVER ) && array_key_exists( 'REQUEST_METHOD', $_SERVER ) ) { die( "This script must be run from the command line\n" ); } } elseif ( empty( $wgNoOutputBuffer ) ) { ## Compress output if the browser supports it // if( !ini_get( 'zlib.output_compression' ) ) @ob_start( 'ob_gzhandler' ); } $wgSitename = "Wikipedia"; $wgScriptPath = "/modules/MediaWiki"; $wgScript = "$wgScriptPath/index.php"; $wgRedirectScript = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php"; set_include_path( get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . implode( PATH_SEPARATOR, $path ) );//inserted # This snippet prevents new registrations from anonymous users # (Sysops can still create user accounts) $wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false; # This snippet prevents editing from anonymous users $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false; ## For more information on customizing the URLs please see: ## http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url ## If using PHP as a CGI module, the ?title= style usually must be used. global $MAIN_CFG; //inserted $wgArticlePath = ($MAIN_CFG['MediaWiki'] //inserted['use_LEO']) ? "$wgScriptPath/MediaWiki/$1" : "$wgScript/$1";//inserted # $wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1"; $wgStylePath = "$wgScriptPath/modules/MediaWiki/skins";//inserted $wgStyleDirectory = "$IP/skins";//inserted $wgLogo = "$wgStylePath/common/images/wiki.png";//inserted $wgUploadPath = "$wgScriptPath/modules/MediaWiki/images"; $wgUploadDirectory = "$IP/images"; $wgEnableEmail = true; $wgEnableUserEmail = false; $wgEmergencyContact = "admin@mail.com"; $wgPasswordSender = "admin@mail.com"; ## For a detailed description of the following switches see ## http://meta.wikimedia.org/Enotif and http://meta.wikimedia.org/Eauthent ## There are many more options for fine tuning available see ## /includes/DefaultSettings.php ## UPO means: this is also a user preference option $wgEnotifUserTalk = true; # UPO $wgEnotifWatchlist = true; # UPO $wgEmailAuthentication = true; $wgDBserver = "localhost"; $wgDBname = "db"; $wgDBuser = "user"; $wgDBpassword = "pass"; $wgDBprefix = "wiki_"; $wgDBtype = "mysql"; # Experimental charset support for MySQL 4.1/5.0. $wgDBmysql5 = false; ## Shared memory settings $wgMainCacheType = CACHE_NONE; $wgMemCachedServers = array(); ## To enable image uploads, make sure the 'images' directory ## is writable, then set this to true: $wgEnableUploads = false; $wgUseImageResize = true; # $wgUseImageMagick = true; # $wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/bin/convert"; ## If you want to use image uploads under safe mode, ## create the directories images/archive, images/thumb and ## images/temp, and make them all writable. Then uncomment ## this, if it's not already uncommented: # $wgHashedUploadDirectory = false; ## If you have the appropriate support software installed ## you can enable inline LaTeX equations: $wgUseTeX = false; $wgMathPath = "{$wgUploadPath}/math"; $wgMathDirectory = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/math"; $wgTmpDirectory = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/tmp"; $wgLocalInterwiki = $wgSitename; $wgLanguageCode = "en"; $wgProxyKey = "3193cca1d08aecd6f62611f4a64d8a558d231b67805e8a51b175733be2a3d1"; ## Default skin: you can change the default skin. Use the internal symbolic ## names, ie 'standard', 'nostalgia', 'cologneblue', 'monobook': $wgDefaultSkin = 'dragonfly'; ## For attaching licensing metadata to pages, and displaying an ## appropriate copyright notice / icon. GNU Free Documentation ## License and Creative Commons licenses are supported so far. $wgEnableCreativeCommonsRdf = true; $wgRightsPage = ""; # Set to the title of a wiki page that describes your license/copyright $wgRightsUrl = "http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html"; $wgRightsText = "GNU Free Documentation License 1.2"; $wgRightsIcon = "${wgStylePath}/common/images/gnu-fdl.png"; # $wgRightsCode = "gfdl"; # Not yet used $wgDiff3 = ""; # When you make changes to this configuration file, this will make # sure that cached pages are cleared. $configdate = gmdate( 'YmdHis', @filemtime( __FILE__ ) ); $wgCacheEpoch = max( $wgCacheEpoch, $configdate ); require("extensions/DragonflyModule.php"); //inserted ?>

i am using php 4.4.2

help... anyone?

Ok, I'm not sure why you inserted this line:
$wgScriptPath = "/subdir"; //inserted

Below, you should have code that looks like this:
$wgSitename = "MediaWiki"; $wgScriptPath = ""; $wgScript = "$wgScriptPath/index.php"; $wgRedirectScript = "$wgScriptPath/redirect.php"; ## For more information on customizing the URLs please see: ## meta.wikimedia.org/wik...om_the_url ## If using PHP as a CGI module, the ?title= style usually must be used. global $MAIN_CFG; $wgArticlePath = ($MAIN_CFG['MediaWiki']['use_LEO']) ? "$wgScriptPath/MediaWiki/$1" : "$wgScript/$1"; # $wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1";

Since the root directory of your www.subdir.com site is /public_html/subdir, the $wgScriptPath is actually just blank(""). Otherwise, you're looking at /public_html/subdir/subdir.

If I recall correctly, the $wgScriptPath is only for the case where you have MediaWiki installed in a subdirectory. However, that's not relevent for this install, since we're using the wiki.php in the root of your dragonfly instalation.

Hope that helps!

thx..

now that i am able to get it..

how do I manage it?

it seems the wiki now integrated in dragonfly has got no admin privileges...

every registered member can choose to trash the wiki entries if he or she decides to do that..

oh..
and one more thing...

everything an article is updated via "edit" and "save"..

it returns a blank page with the module title and my left and right blocks enclosing an empty space which the wiki should be,,

So long as you have Admin on the site (and radmin to the module), the first time you connect you should be granted admin access. You may need to delete your user in the Wiki, if you're able, or login another account fresh with radmin.

Beyond that, I don't know a lot about Wiki Administration. I suggest looking into it on the mediawiki site:
www.mediawiki.com

every registered member can choose to trash the wiki entries if he or she decides to do that..

That is the nature of a Wiki. If you don't trust your users, don't use a Wiki. There are ways to lock it down somewhat, but MediaWiki is designed to allow anyone to edit. That's the POINT, really.

For what it's worth, I've been running one on my site since I released this and I have had no problems. It's trivial to revert, anyway, and you can ban anyone who does it.

Be sure to read the install instructions which explain how to limit editing to registered users.

farbird wrote
oh..
and one more thing...

everything an article is updated via "edit" and "save"..

it returns a blank page with the module title and my left and right blocks enclosing an empty space which the wiki should be,,

Do you have a URL for the site so I could see the behavior?
Is it for every edit/save?

I don't know what migth cause this, really.

StPeter! =) Miss ya...

Linux 2.4.32 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 5.0.16 / PHP 5.2.2 / Dragonfly CVS

www.sglnx.com

do register..

left main menu under sglnx wikipedia..