Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ MediaWiki Dragonfly Integration - Version 0.4 - Beta ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

MediaWiki Dragonfly Integration - Version 0.4 - Beta Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

any luck?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

first, excellent mod, I've been looking for a month for a way to integrate Joomla and MediaWiki and failed. Your method looks great and I'm probably going to dump my testing of Joomla since I've got a huge MediaWiki site.

I've got a couple of questions, first, is .41 still the latest version?

Does this change the existing MW database or just provide a proper interface for it?

Thanks!

ps, you can see the current site at www.overclockingwiki.org and the test at 72.52.148.175/

na

It doesn't change the database, just gives it a hook to integrate into it.

Linux 2.4.32 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 5.0.16 / PHP 5.2.2 / Dragonfly CVS

Good news... I'm working on an 1.8.2 db that I'm upgrading to 1.9.3 so hopefully things will go smoothly.

I just wish Dragonfly was as attractive as Joomla, there's realy for comparison.

na

ok, i've got a ton of work completed so far. I ended up just trying to work with a clean install of DF and MW, so there's just new data.

I've gotten through quite a few bugs already and things seem to be ok, to a point. I'm getting an error message that I can't seem to debug...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_internal_encoding() in /home/dekard/public_html/modules/MediaWiki/languages/Language.php on line 37

This happens whenever I try to access test.overclockingwiki.org/wiki.php or test.overclockingwiki....aWiki.html

Please let me know if you'd like more data or configuration files posted. Thanks!

na

I had that, sorted it by enabling the mbstring extension in php.ini:

extension=php_mbstring.dll

(and a quick restart of Apache)

Win2K3/IIS6/MySQL 4.1.22/PHP 4.4.2/9.1.1

Well, at 2 am this morning got it all working. In reply to my own response above, my host did not have the extension running and I wasn't going to ask them to enable it just for me!

The solution for me was to edit the language file in question and remove the check for the function existing. PHP is not my normal home so rather than work out why the checking was not working I just modified the code to assume the extension was not installed.

I also had trouble with the menu finding the spacer.gif image, in the end I just hard coded the base ref in the js file so the links works.

Massive thanks for putting all this together, my guild are really looking forward to using it, making guides and tuorials doesn't really fit in that well on a thread, it's much better to have a doc system to do it in.

Someone mentioned a block to show last X edits, I want that too, so I'll prob hack one together and post it up here. Someone will prob have to "un-hack" it into dragon friendly code but I'll try as best I can.

Be nice to also plumb in the Wiki user homepage to a user account so that each user can have an editable homepage...but that's for another day.

Pugs_

(Btw, I'm running the 1.6 release against 9.1.1 on a windows host IIS6 php4, mysql 4)

Win2K3/IIS6/MySQL 4.1.22/PHP 4.4.2/9.1.1

I've installed v0.4.1 with MediaWiki 1.7.3. After the MediaWiki install I could see the main wiki page and everything seemed functional. Once I installed the DF portion, installed the module, and went to the MediaWiki link I got:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class User in /home/.hildegard/melicious/ironlegion.bubina.com/dragon/modules/MediaWiki/includes/User.php on line 18

Has anyone seen this?

Edit: I've tried setting my wgScriptPath to "", "/", and "/dragon" and all give this same error.

Edit: I've also tried MediaWiki version 1.6.8 since that seems to be mentioned alot on this thread. Same error.

Last edit: Apparently somewhere else in my site there's another piece of code with the class User. I changed the class name and every reference to it in the MediaWiki install to MWUser and now it works great. I don't recommend it to anyone though....what a pain.

Linux/unk/5.0.24a-standard-log/5.2.1/9.0.6.1

how to install if i have different mediawiki folder let say abc.Which part i need to change?

And 1 more question how to use search function or create new page?

1) Does the installer work for you?
It work perfectly after few trial and error.
2) Are the install instructions sufficiently clear?
-same as above-
3) Does it work?
So far so good. just abovementioned problem
4) Aside from the known issues, does it display correctly in all cases?
So far so good.

I just installed MW. It required some changes for the directory, as the MW is running with PHP5. The instalation went fine, just the UTF8 - key bug.
Finaly the standalone wiki was alive and I tried to integrate it into DragonFlu Wink
Well, done hopefully all the changes, incl. LEO edit htaccess and installed with no problems. Just when I tried to run the new module I got this:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /www/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Exception.php on line 114
Could anyone give me a hint?

Linux/Apache 2.0.51/MySQL 4.1.9/PHP 4.3.10 /CPG9.0.1.1

Meh, now I'm stuck myself after upgrading to 1.11 (all the way up and including 1.10 worked fine)

Been messing with all kinds of settings in LocalSettings but no luck.

Internal error Detected bug in an extension! Hook fnLinkHook failed to return a value; should return true to continue hook processing or false to abort. Backtrace: #0 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Title.php(838): wfRunHooks() #1 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Title.php(849): Title->getLocalURL('GetLocalURL', Array) #2 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Linker.php(295): Title->escapeLocalURL('action=edit&sec...') #3 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Linker.php(1165): Linker->makeKnownLinkObj('action=edit&sec...') #4 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Linker.php(1145): Linker->doEditSectionLink(Object(Title), 'edit', 'action=edit&sec...', '', '', '', ' title="Edit se...') #5 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Parser.php(3684): Linker->editSectionLink(Object(Title), 1, ' title="Edit se...', 'EditSectionLink') #6 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Parser.php(1060): Parser->formatHeadings(Object(Title), 1, 'About Shattered...') #7 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Parser.php(306): Parser->internalParse('<table border="...', true) #8 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Article.php(3017): Parser->parse('{| border="0" c...') #9 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Article.php(831): Article->outputWikiText('{| border="0" c...', Object(Title), Object(ParserOptions), true, true, 2863) #10 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Wiki.php(383): Article->view('{| border="0" c...') #11 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/includes/Wiki.php(48): MediaWiki->performAction() #12 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/windex.php(89): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(OutputPage), Object(Article), Object(Title), Object(User), Object(WebRequest)) #13 /home/blah/modules/MediaWiki/index.php(59): require('/home/.chat/bla...') #14 /home/blah/index.php(97): include('/home/blah...') #15 {main}]

Hmm, may have answered my own question - found this in the 1.10 patch notes:

Throw a showstopper exception when a hook function fails to return a value. Forgetting to give a 'true' return value is a very common error which tends to cause hard-to-track-down interactions between extensions.

Fix is to edit the extensions/DragonflyModule.php and find the function fnLinkHook and add a return true deal in there:

function fnLinkHook(&$title, &$url, $query) { $url = str_replace("index.php?", "wiki.php?", $url); $url = str_replace("index.php/", "wiki.php?title=", $url); return true; }

Also, I had to edit includes/UserMailer.php and change the function name send_mail since Dragonfly has that function already. I just changed it to wikisend_mail in both instances in that file.

Hello
I'm French.
I will install mediawiki on french FAI (FREE).
I install last dragonfly without any problem.
With mediawiki i have actually this message ..

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './StartProfiler.php' (include_path='/mnt/140/sdb/3/7/ultrastar.fr/include:.:/usr/php5/lib/php') in /mnt/140/sdb/3/7/ultrastar.fr/modules/Mediawiki/includes/WebStart.php on line 69
I install mediawiki 1.11 on
CMS Version 9.1.2.1
PHP Version 5.1.3RC4-dev
MySQL Version 5.0.45 (client: 5.0.45)

Can you help me?

OS ? --/Apache ? --/PHP 5.1.3RC4-dev/MySql 5.0.45/DF 9.1.2.1

someone can help me? please?

OS ? --/Apache ? --/PHP 5.1.3RC4-dev/MySql 5.0.45/DF 9.1.2.1

Anyone else having trouble with the dragonfly mediawiki skin with 1.11.1? Or did I break something?

Was working fine with 1.6.10, just upgraded, and there are some oddities like "edit" links being formatted incorrectly, and the icons on the menu bar when you edit a page are missing.

Linux 2.6.24.5/Apache 2.2.9/MySQL 5.0.67/PHP 5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

Last edited by personman on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 4 times in total