Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PostNuke :: Archives ⇒ Post-Nuke Upgrade? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PostNuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Post-Nuke Upgrade?

Ok, so I'm one of those unlucky people who got post-nuke setup and such and am now finding all the bugs and troubles with it. Coding and all that jazz. (I've seen a number of people slamming it). Smile

I've been checking out a number of Dragonfly sites and like the general layout and feel of it, so I downloaded it, setup a database and did the base install of it to play around.

Now what I am wondering, is can I upgrade my post-nuke site to dragonfly, or do I have to complete redo my site, losing all my user accounts and such.

Does anyone know? Or is there a "How To" faq somewhere I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.4.21-27, DF 9.1.1, PHP 4.3.11, MYSQL 4.0.27

Rockshister wrote
Ok, so I'm one of those unlucky people who got post-nuke setup and such and am now finding all the bugs and troubles with it. Coding and all that jazz. (I've seen a number of people slamming it). Smile

I've been checking out a number of Dragonfly sites and like the general layout and feel of it, so I downloaded it, setup a database and did the base install of it to play around.

Now what I am wondering, is can I upgrade my post-nuke site to dragonfly, or do I have to complete redo my site, losing all my user accounts and such.

Does anyone know? Or is there a "How To" faq somewhere I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

Good place to start:
Switch from X to Dragonfly - Forum

Switch from Postnuke - Sub Forum

I did the conversion myself (around a year or so ago) and had no problems it works very well.

2K3/V2/5.0.51/4.3.11/9.2.1

Oh great.. *slaps self for not finding this post* lol.. glad to know it works though!

Linux 2.4.21-27, DF 9.1.1, PHP 4.3.11, MYSQL 4.0.27

Rockshister wrote
Oh great.. *slaps self for not finding this post* lol.. glad to know it works though!

Just dawned on me, that I didn't convert my postnuke site, it was a phpbb site. I haven't moved my PN site yet, but I will be watching for feedback on how it goes for you.

2K3/V2/5.0.51/4.3.11/9.2.1