Miscellaneous ⇒ Search Engines :: Archives ⇒ Block, Ban, Bad IP/Bot :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSearch Engines

Archived ⇒ Block, Ban, Bad IP/Bot

I have been looking here and trying to locate a simple way to ban bad IP's etc. I have a bot that just keeps sucking up my site and will not listen to the robot.txt file

I have seen a bunch of stuff here but none seem to be a complete on how to do this, I'm not a programers so get me pointed to the right spot would be great and I should be able to figure it out from that point on, Just need to know were to go and how to fix thanks.

thanks as Always.

www.azbaja.com
www.Fire-Fight.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
CMS 9.1.2.1

just before this line in your root directory .htaccess file,# deny most common except .phpadd the following linedeny from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxe.g.deny from 24.7.105.82 # deny most common except .php
NOTE: keep a backup copy of your original htaccess file, just in case.
There are numerous topics in the forum on this subject - search for "ban htaccess"

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Thanks, worked great, I was just putting the deny from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in the wrong spot.

www.azbaja.com
www.Fire-Fight.com

CMS 9.1.2.1

Any way of doing this without using htaccess? I'm on IIS and htaccess doesn't do anything....

XP / IIS / 4.1.19 / 5.1.4 / 9.0.6.1

Brammers wrote
Any way of doing this without using htaccess? I'm on IIS and htaccess doesn't do anything....

Here is a page on Microsoft's site that explains how to do the equivilent for .htacces in IIS:
support.microsoft.com/...064/EN-US/

It sounds like you may also be able to do something with ASP that is equivilent, but I don't know anything about it.

Put this down as yet another reason why Apache is better than IIS.

Linux 2.6.9/Apache 1.3.36/MySQL 4.1.18/PHP 5.1.4/CPG Nuke 9.1.0.8 (Modified)

dragonflycms.org/Forum...isapi.html

Thanks Phoenix, except I don't know how to add an IP to ban..... the IIS server is run by my webhost, and to get them to ban an address would take hours, and I'd have to email them everytime I needed to do it.

What I really want to know is how I can ban an IP from accessing my site, and how I can control that myself, without relying on my ISP. Is that possible? Something in DF i can configure, etc...

XP / IIS / 4.1.19 / 5.1.4 / 9.0.6.1

Install a test site in a sub-directory using a duplicate of your database and CVS - the security system uses the database rather than htaccess.

Another Question on this.

How do I bn the entire range of IP address? It seems if it can ot hit the page with on IP it trys with another.

any one have a good list of Banned IP's etc?

www.azbaja.com
www.Fire-Fight.com

CMS 9.1.2.1

wow, This is good to know for those pesky bot problems

Red Hat Linux 7.3/Apache 1.3.33 /MySQL4.0.22-standard/PHP4.3.11/CPGNuke 9.0.6.1

I'm usint the Bot-trap way.

It works like a charm..

For dragonflycms to check for banned IP, insted of
<?php include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/blacklist.php"); ?>

Use:
include("blacklist.php");

I have it under Function head, right after the

include_once("themes/$CPG_SESS[theme]/theme.php");

To see that it works, u can trie to enter your forbidden foler your self and see if you get banned.

www.jzky.net a Dragonfly site. cms.jzky.net < test site. - Pardon my bad englsih Wink
My home town

Linux / Apache / PHP Version 5.2.0 /MySQL Version 4.1.21-standard / CMS Version 9.1.1

How can I tell the what bot the ip address is coming from? I don't want to ban yahoo/msn/ or google bots.

Windows XP PRO/Apache/MySQL/PHP/CPGNUKE 9.1

Current CVS security system is still beta and buggy, but you can already ban single ip's and complete ranges by filling in the IPv4 start IP and IPv4 end IP

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial