Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 :: Archives ⇒ Switching from Ikonboard to Dragonfly :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSwitch from X to Dragonfly v9

Archived ⇒ Switching from Ikonboard to Dragonfly

I currently run a few sites that use Ikonboard. I would like to change them over to Dragonfly to take advantage of the CMS. Is there a converter that will transfer all my members and all the threads?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
OS-FreeBSD 6.1/Apache-?/MySQL 5.0.18/PHP 4.3.9/DragonFly - 9.0.6.1

No answers? anyone... anyone... Bueler

i have not heard or used that cms and have not heard of any tools to help...are the passwords md5 in the db? are the tables similar?

AKA Akamu / Read these and your life will be successful | Find a Repair
--
Mods and Professional Support via YIM

win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

Ikonboard is currently only a message board. I'm not a programmer by any means so I don't know what md5 is. I just want to be able to pull my members and their messages over into DF.

It's runs as a perl module under the cgi-bin directory. The entire contents of the install are in that folder. Says you can run on iis/unix/linux with mysql but primary mode of install is using perl not mysql. The whole thing looks like a forum based on cgi. All file extensions are cgi, html, pm, pl, cfg, and dat. Since it has mysql capability a convertor might be possible.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

I do know that my install of Ikonboard is using MySQL if that helps.

Then would'nt be that hard moving database data.
I'm very busy lately and i hope someone could write a piece of code to help you.
If nothing happen withing a couple of weeks then I'll see what i can do for you. I would love to help you but quite busy now.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I understand and thanks for any help you can give me now or in the future. The sites I have under Ikonboard are established so there's no hurry. I'd just rather have them all under DF for ease of administration.