Support ⇒ Security :: Archives ⇒ Alexa and favicon.ico :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSecurity

Archived ⇒ Alexa and favicon.ico

Go to page 1, 2 Next

A robot looking for chat? I don't have no stinkin' chat!

So how does one unspoof an ip?

Error Code: 404 Missing File (File does not exist: /home/****/public_html/chat/install.html)
Occurred: Wed Jun 23 21:26:22 EDT 2004
Requested URL: /chat/install.html
User Address: 209.237.238.176
User Agent: ia_archiver
Referer:

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.1.31/4.0.20-standard/4.3.8/8.2b

That's probably one of the joys of that wonderful spyware called 'Alexa Toolbar' - most people deny ia_archiver in the their robots.txt file because Alexa's indexing does absolutely nothing for you.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

That's probably one of the joys of that wonderful spyware called 'Alexa Toolbar' - most people deny ia_archiver in the their robots.txt file because Alexa's indexing does absolutely nothing for you.

Dosent it give you your Alexa Traffic Rating though?

EDIT: Plus it shouldnt have gone to that file if you didnt link to it. So most likely spoofed.

Cent OS :: 1.3.34 :: 4.1.13 :: 4.4.2 :: CVS

The rating and the archiver are two totally independent aspects. Alexa will take itself into any of your files you use while the toolbar is active - they don't tell you about that - it's spyware as far as I'm concerned.

The 'archiver' will obey robots.txt rules.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Oh ok my bad.. Ill have to do some more research on that.

yea tell more me about archiver?

Firefox is my Favorite Browser

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

I still say it's spoofed, I don't use their toolbar and have no chat installed or links to any chat (I hope)

While were at it I've been getting this lately, in fact just showed up again

I've ignored it in error thinking it was an icon file. Embarassed

It's in Sydney Australia, which one of you is trying to hack me?

After all you guys like firefox, so who's in Aussie using a firefox browser? Laughing

Error Code: 404 Missing File (File does not exist: /home/*****/public_html/favicon.ico)
Occurred: Thu Jun 24 1:41:29 EDT 2004
Requested URL: /favicon.ico
User Address: *****************removed ip*********
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8
Referer:

Last edited by sharkey on Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

that old browser of firefox.

Firefox is my Favorite Browser

Apache/1.3.34 (Unix)/4.0.25-standard/4.4.1/CVS

Yea, .08, but what is favicon.ico, searched and term in www.cpgnuke.com/Forums...n+ico.html

but couldn't find where in that forum.

Oh, it is an icon! right?

if &#40;file_exists&#40;"themes/$ThemeSel/images/favicon.ico"&#41;&#41; &#123; echo "<link REL=\"shortcut icon\" HREF=\"themes/$ThemeSel/images/favicon.ico\" TYPE=\"image/x-icon\">\n"; &#125; else &#123; if &#40;file_exists&#40;"favicon.ico"&#41;&#41; &#123; echo "<link REL=\"shortcut icon\" HREF=\"favicon.ico\" TYPE=\"image/x-icon\">\n"; &#125;

favicon.ico can be made in the free program ifran view. It is the cog you see next to our url, browsers use it especially when you bookmark a site! Definently not a hack...

win32 / Apache 1.3.33 / MySQL 4.1.16/PHP 4.4/CPG-CVS ( browsers: Mozilla 1.7.x / IE6 / Opera 8.0)

favicon.ico can be made in the free program ifran view. It is the cog you see next to our url, browsers use it especially when you bookmark a site! Definently not a hack...

Going off topic, sorry

I know what you're talking about and I'll check the program out for my site but I don't see a cog icon in the address bar, I see the default ie logo

Going off topic, sorry

I know what you're talking about and I'll check the program out for my site but I don't see a cog icon in the address bar, I see the default ie logo

Off topic again but Fav ico never show up unless you add the site to your bookmarks in IE for some odd reason. It does show up however in firefox. hehe

Almost frogot that i did a little bit of research on alexa's bot. Its wacky really, according to what i found they are collecting this info for nothing. Unless i missed it through all the damn 404 errors on their site Mad

Heres all i could find, pages.alexa.com/exec/f...l?index=66
I was going to email the bot master but couldnt get to the contact page Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes