General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ New Menu bar top only in 9.1? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ New Menu bar top only in 9.1?

I noticed that there is a new menu bar with scroll down menus on this site. Is this implemented by default in the 9.1 release or is it an additional module that can be downloaded?

| Luxembourg Amateur Radio RL | RC Heli | My Site |

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/ 2.6.18 / 5.1.52 / 5.3.2 / 9.3.2.0

I would perfer to have the tabs back!

Windows_NT/Apache/1.3.33 (Win32) PHP/4.3.10/4.1.9-max/4.3.10/9.0.4.0

Would be awesome to have a choice of either in themes

The new menu looks great guys Smile

Pretzy's Place Pertzel Family Tree History Genealogy
Riverlife Church Henty

XP_Apache 2.2.2_MySQL 5.0.21_PHP 5.1.4_CPGNuke 9.1.1

The old menu is hard coded into the header.html in the theme. I do not know if this new one is or not.

Multiple Setups

www.dragonflycms.org/c...html?v=1.2

as you can see this is not in 9.1 rc2 (and is still hardcoded like before. It seems like something DJMaze threw onto this site (since its similar to his Moo Menu).

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

I like that menu. it gives the option to discard the menu block making room for other content.

off topic: whats this moo i have heard about a few times?

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
I like that menu. it gives the option to discard the menu block making room for other content.

I agree....... had something similar before I left phpnuke.

moocms

.::..::.

Linux/2.2.6/5.0.86/5.2.8/9.3.2

Dizfunkshunal wrote

MOO CMS is a Multi-domain Object Oriented PHP 5 based system.
It fully runs on XHTML+CSS including a WCAG/ATAG WYSIWYG for performing simple but conform editing.
There's nothing much in it and it has NO highly advanced XML+XSLT system to keep it editable for non-pro's.

Basicly it's a WWW2 system with everything needed to provide access to people with disabilities and without JavaScript.
Therefore it was designed with a CSS 2 based menu and without a single line of javascript (only some htc code to fix crappy IE).

That's how Dragonfly got the CSS based menu Wink

NOTE: As you can see on the website, MOO does use JavaScript but it's a dynamic background layer that doesn't affect browsing experience for people with disabilities or browsers that disabled JavaScript.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Web site accessibility is a Dragonfly's goal as well, and we want move to this direction.

In fact the css menu will replace the jsmenu actually used in admin pages. It will use a switch:

within admin pages it will categorize all not admin links under "Home" and it will display an inline list of admin categories and respective subcategories.

within not admin pages will switch to fully display an inline list of categories and sub links but will enclose under "Admin" all admin categories and sub links.

So it will be a dynamic css menu that people with disabilities, site admins and webmasters will certainly love.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Thanks all for your feedback.

NanoCaiordo wrote
In fact the css menu will replace the jsmenu actually used in admin pages

Good idea. I look forward to it. Very Happy

| Luxembourg Amateur Radio RL | RC Heli | My Site |

Linux/ 2.6.18 / 5.1.52 / 5.3.2 / 9.3.2.0

very nice

Multiple Setups

NanoCaiordo wrote
Web site accessibility is a Dragonfly's goal as well, and we want move to this direction.

In fact the css menu will replace the jsmenu actually used in admin pages. It will use a switch:

within admin pages it will categorize all not admin links under "Home" and it will display an inline list of admin categories and respective subcategories.

within not admin pages will switch to fully display an inline list of categories and sub links but will enclose under "Admin" all admin categories and sub links.

So it will be a dynamic css menu that people with disabilities, site admins and webmasters will certainly love.

Good directions! For every new features of this kind!

PS:
I hope in a 'quick' development of the totally separation between Core's code and templating/visualization code, to permit every themer to be more and more free to design than now. I know perfectly that is not a 'quick' thing to do, but I think it will be necessary

Anyhow... till now GOOD WORK to DF main team!!!

CentOs / 2.0.63 / 4.1.22 / 5.2.5 / DF 9.2.1

grazz wrote
totally separation between Core's code and templating/visualization code

With the new template engine of Dragonfly we can, but is a huge task.

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Can ya provide directions and or files for us to include in our own themes? I really like this one....