General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ New Menu bar top only in 9.1? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ New Menu bar top only in 9.1?

Yeah...I got the latest everything from the above listed files (including the latest mountain_rush theme in its entirety). But still no luck.

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux OS / Apache 1.3.34 / MySQL 4.1.22 / PHP 4.4.7/ DF 9.1.2.1

It may be that you haven't processed links with the latest cpgmm.php though layingback indicated he had uploaded that.

The bottom line is, they're cvs files - so cvs is what you should be using, and it also allows sorted links.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
It may be that you haven't processed links with the latest cpgmm.php though layingback indicated he had uploaded that.

The bottom line is, they're cvs files - so cvs is what you should be using, and it also allows sorted links.

I uploaded all the required files from cvs that you indicated previously. It does give me the css-based menu. However I am experiencing the same issue that layingback is, that not all the items listed in CPG_Main_Menu are populating to the css-based menu. Though the admin menu works great.

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

Like I said, it relies on cvs files, and that includes cpgmm.php, the newest version of which, sets link positions. Though layingback indicated he had uploaded the latest version of that file, he may not have processed the links database.

That's the risk of mixing stable and cvs files - you would be best using the latest snapshot to avoid such issues.

The version on this site works fine, but it doesn't include sorted links, or the latest css menu version.

Hmmm. Following Phoenix's as always useful-if-you-pay-close-enough-attention comment Wink I ventured into the new Admin > CPG Main Menu.

That now has only 1 item per menu!!! But my side menu block still has all the menu items...

So just for my understanding before I decide whether to tackle this on not, is CPG Main menu supposed to jettison all my current settings? (Which surely ameliorates the effect of hooking the CSS Menu to existing cpg menu vs starting a fresh.) Or is the 'problem' we're experiencing related to the CSS Menu causing this effect as well?

Thing is, if I go ahead with re-creating all my Main Menu items (which I didn't have to do before) can I still go back to a side menu?

Confuddled... backing out of CPG Main Menu quickly.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

layingback wrote
Hmmm. Following Phoenix's as always useful-if-you-pay-close-enough-attention comment Wink I ventured into the new Admin > CPG Main Menu.

That now has only 1 item per menu!!! But my side menu block still has all the menu items...

So just for my understanding before I decide whether to tackle this on not, is CPG Main menu supposed to jettison all my current settings? (Which surely ameliorates the effect of hooking the CSS Menu to existing cpg menu vs starting a fresh.) Or is the 'problem' we're experiencing related to the CSS Menu causing this effect as well?

Thing is, if I go ahead with re-creating all my Main Menu items (which I didn't have to do before) can I still go back to a side menu?

Confuddled... backing out of CPG Main Menu quickly.

I noticed all of this as well, after I uploaded the latest snapshot. Odd how the sideblock would have so much more info in it, even after I pressed the "Update" button. But I finally got it figured out, for the most part.

Phoenix, will this become part of the stable release (in time) as it is an awesome component of DF. Mr. Green

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

It's supposed to be in 9.1.1.2 which is waiting for - at least - Nano to finish his house move.

Will try to emulate your accomplishments MM, but after I've met my tomorrow deadline! Even if the new CSS menu was supposed to be part of the delivery Sad

The snapshot is at the point where it is virtually 9.1.1.2.

unigene wrote
Hmm with the new version (with the dots) the menu bar is now flickering like hell in IE6 on mouseover in the drop-down Menus Neutral
in FF2 it's perfect.

It is still flickering in IE6.
Anybody found a solution for this?

Wonder is the beginning of all wisdom.
Verwondering is het begin van alle wijsheid.

Windows xp/Apache 2.0/mysql 5.0.51a (client: 5.0.51a) php 5.2.5/ CPGNuke 9.2.1

Regrettably, the "flicker" is unavoidable in IE versions below 7 because they don't support the hover class - this is simulated by the csshover.htc file.

Unless, there is a later version which has enhanced this effect, that's it. There are some other pseudo hover techniques around, but they can be quite complex.

Edit: a little more research and I may have something - will advise.

Everything looks great on DF v9.1.2.1. Question for this menu, though:

Is there going to be something in Wiki, etc that will explain how to implement the dynamic menu into other themes? I searched everywhere and couldn't find anything. I also looked at the default theme and tried to incorporate what appeared to be "necessary code" into other themes but had no success.

EHP Webmaster
www.ehpdesigns.com

The things you need to mess with - that I can remember - are (I was working with dragonfly theme as source):

theme.php - add in the $CPG_SESS stuff, define $user_agent, change from CSS_FILE line to CSS_IE line in the assign_vars(array ...) statement.

move ie6.css and ie7.css into style directory.

header.html - all the changes to S_ADMIN_MENU and S_MAIN_MENU, add call to CSS_IE.

All this is in addition to actual call to display the menu! But it I do-able. But try to get it working in Firefox first, the IE function steps are many more.

Phoenix wrote
Regrettably, the "flicker" is unavoidable in IE versions below 7 because they don't support the hover class - this is simulated by the csshover.htc file.

Unless, there is a later version which has enhanced this effect, that's it. There are some other pseudo hover techniques around, but they can be quite complex.

Edit: a little more research and I may have something - will advise.

Hi Phoenix,
I am glad you will look into this further.
I am also looking for a solution.
IE 6 is the most used browser around, if we like that or not.
So I think we have to do something about the disappearing of the menu all the time in IE6.
I am also looking for more information and have found the following.
Maybe you are familiar with these sites already, but I give you the urls anyway.

www.positioniseverythi...downs.html
On this site I have one of the problems in IE6, namely the occurrence of the other curosr (working in progress cursor).
And they give an explanation of this problem.
Besides that, I can access the menu at the top of this page much better than in dragonfly, because the menu isn’t disappearing all the time, like in dragonfly.
There is a delay in the beginning however.

www.fivesevensix.com/s...e6flicker/
This site explains a few things and has some examples.

www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html
A lot of examples and things to play with.
I have never experienced the troubles with IE6 with the examples on this site.

As far as I have figured out, there has to be a way to do it better than the implementation in DF sofar.
Because I could access their examples without the huge flicker in DF.
Still trying to find out what is the "guilty one" in the coding of DF which causes the extreme flicker.

I am convinced there must be a solution, so I am trying to find it.

Glad you are with me.

I have worked through most of those - problem is they are largely static menus, rather than dynamic.

There is also a server-based solution but that may not practical for most, though as a last resort, it may be necessary to alter htaccess.

Still, I keep looking and experimenting Smile

(also cmsimple.cylog.de/testing/ )

Last edited by Phoenix on Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

layingback wrote
The things you need to mess with - that I can remember - are (I was working with dragonfly theme as source):

theme.php - add in the $CPG_SESS stuff, define $user_agent, change from CSS_FILE line to CSS_IE line in the assign_vars(array ...) statement.

move ie6.css and ie7.css into style directory.

header.html - all the changes to S_ADMIN_MENU and S_MAIN_MENU, add call to CSS_IE.

All this is in addition to actual call to display the menu! But it I do-able. But try to get it working in Firefox first, the IE function steps are many more.

I hope this is not necessary to make the css menu work in IE6.
First: because this is a very complicated "workaround".
Second:How should innocent webmasters understand this?

I can't imagine this is the answer, but maybe it is?