Support ⇒ Troubleshootings ⇒ 9.1.1 - banned from site due Bad IP ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

9.1.1 - banned from site due Bad IP Reply to topic

I am the site owner and admin. How did this happen? How can I "un-ban" myself"?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / Apache 2.2.10 (Unix) / MySQL 5.0.67 / PHP 5.2.6 / 9.1.2

PLEASE tell me EXACTLY where to delete the banned IP address from this screen. I am the admin so I cannot do it through admin.

Click on that Browse tab on the top left. Now you can see all the records in that table. You will have to find the one record that is banning you and delete it. Sorting by the ban_time field in descending order may help to locate it, assuming it was recent.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

Thanks Sarah,

What an absolute PITA. I, as the admin, was banned for "flooding". 10 seconds is way too short of an interval and anyone logged in as an admin should be automatically excluded no matter WHAT the interval is set at.

Admin cannot be banned when admin is logged in - turn it off if you have concerns.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Oh, and FYI for anyone else that cares. I found every search engine bot that had visited this site also on the banned list and I WAS using the latest "robots.txt" provided.

I have shut the ban IP down all together.

Not a bad idea. I don't like the flood control as it is now, I always turn it off.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

It's an option, so that's your choice, but just to clarify, the only search engine bots that get banned are those that ignore the robots.txt crawl-delay.

In any event, every search engine bot couldn't have been banned - Google is not subject to flooding bans unless you specifically ban Google's IPs yourself.

Well, not just trying to contradict or anything but, Google was in there and I didn't put it there...

hmm, very strangeif ($MAIN_CFG['_security']['flooding'] && SEARCHBOT != 'Google') { Security::_flood(); }Perhaps a variant not recognized as Google.

Phoenix,

If the server is fast enough anyone can get banned (except for logged in Admin). One ISP is certainly fast enough (won't mention name lest this post gets deleted, but Sarah uses same one as I, and you can find out mine fairly easily.) We have little choice but to turn it off until we get ability to tune it (desensitize it) a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I want flooding on, but can't live with the side-effects currently.

Also there is a list of search engines, including Google, in that table, but with time 0. It is pre-loaded by cpg_inst.php so presumably it is not a banned bot entry. But without knowledge of file formats - and the same tuple is used for multiple logical record types - it is easy to get mis-read when accessing db directly rather than through Admin > Security.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Like I said, turn it off if it's a concern. I do Smile

What's this about deleting posts? I thought that hysteria vanished with the fools that propogated it in the first place.

Heaven forbid that I was representing 'hysteria' Embarassed

I was merely trying to defer to DJ Maze's request that other ISP's where not promoted on this site which is sponsored by a competitor.

Probably should have left it saying what it did before I wordsmith'd it: "won't mention name lest it gets deleted". Meaning more editing work for you, Phoenix! 😄

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

aah, a misunderstanding all round - that's the Server Chat forum and promotion of affiliate links there Smile

I hope you're both doing better than I am at site5 atm, grrr.

Keep in mind that Search engines do not check robots.txt every time they visit a site. They only check it once in a while, so if you have a established site you run the risk of banning google, etc. This is demonstrated by the above anecdotes.

Unix / 2.0.46 (Red Hat) / 0.9.7a / 4.1.9-standard / 4.3.2 / 9.0.6.1