Support ⇒ Troubleshootings ⇒ 9.1.1 - banned from site due Bad IP ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexTroubleshootings

9.1.1 - banned from site due Bad IP Reply to topic

Except Google is specifically excluded, mainly because it refuses to obey the crawl-delay parameter and would be nailed for flooding every time (their arrogance now exceeds MS).

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Greetings,

I just setup my Dragonfly CMS yesterday. It has been running without any problems! Today I can not log on or see the site. It says "BAD IP" I'm banned...

How can I ban myself like that???

Any help? I can FTP into the site and make changes..

Thansk!!

A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.

Ubuntu Linux 8.04.1/Apache 2.28/MySQL 5.0.51/ PHP 5/DF 9.2.x

Greetings,

I see some people had the "IP BANNED" scenario like me. I think my problem was my router. I am on my site updating while my wife (Using the same router) is on posting in the forums. DragonFly see only one IP and puts me in the "Flooding Banned" section. I have a question. Is there a way to tell the CMS to allow anything based in IP? It would solve my problem if I can say IP ###.###.###.### is okay.

A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.

Ubuntu Linux 8.04.1/Apache 2.28/MySQL 5.0.51/ PHP 5/DF 9.2.x

Admins are excluded ... log in as admin and start flooding your site Wink

... IPs white list? doesn't sound bad ...

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

@DaleHutch dizfunkshunal.com

Multiple Setups

Hey nano just port over a firewall program that should cover just about everything

Multiple Setups

Hello, I did not pay attention to it until I got myself banned today. So I checked Security:

Bots - I saw some good crawlers like Yahoo or Ask Jeeves were among other 8 pages of bots. I am learning about his - so be patient with me please. Does this mean Yahoo and Ask Jeeves cannot crawl on my site any more? Some of them have forever in the Ban Type - how was it determined if a bot is banned forever and some are not.

I am going to turn Bots and Flooding to inactive for a while to see is there any issue. Thanks

RC heli hobby: www.rchelicoptertown.com
Khmer Community: www.angkorthom.us

Mysql 5.1.41/php 5.2.5/CPGNuke 9.2.1

if your go over them again you will notice that most of them are only listed not banned so just turn of flooding and if you want google to be able to crwal your site you will have to edit you .htaccess file but be warned google ignores the delay 20 second rule if flooding is left on the will be banned

Multiple Setups

google is allowed even with flooding turned on
google images is denied in .htaccess

bots in the list are not always banned, you will notice "banned" to blocked ones only

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

In my case I was banned from my own site by IP due to flooding from uploading a database to a module. Even tho I was the admin who uploaded.

WinXP/Apache 2.0.59(win32)/MySQL 5.0.37/Php 5.2.3

Does anybody use the Remove 20H Old Bans? Is it helpful. I comletely turned it off but I like to use the flooding control if it does not create a hardship our my users.

RC heli hobby: www.rchelicoptertown.com
Khmer Community: www.angkorthom.us

Mysql 5.1.41/php 5.2.5/CPGNuke 9.2.1

Thank you all so much! My wife just tried to login to our family site only to find banned from IP from our house! Like previously mentioned, I couldn't go into the admin area because my IP was banned. Luckily, I followed the steps and deleted the information in the database directly--it worked like a charm. Very Happy I noticed when I logged in there is an upgrade to Dragonfly. Does the upgrade address this anomaly? Thanks again.

Linux/PHP Version 5.2.0/MySQL Version 4.1.21/Dragonfly (9.1.2.1)

Does the upgrade address this anomaly?

You can set some of the parameters of the banning, which can be useful if your ISP is fast enough to give problems at the standard 'tight" settings - like mine Wink

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

Ok, so what am I supposed to do when I always get You are banned from this site due to a bad ip. when I try to download Forums Pro from nukebiz.com/ ?

Linux / Apache 2.11 / MySQL 5.0.67 / PHP 5.2.9