Support ⇒ PostNuke ⇒ Converting from Post Nuke ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly PostNuke

Converting from Post Nuke Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2 Next

Anyone else here convert from Post Nuke?

Getting ready to attempt moving my site to CPG from Post. Just wondering if I were in similar company?

Thanks!

BTW, my site is at www.ninthportal.net/post

The big thing I'm worried about is the gaming area and calendar. Does CPG have a calendar module yet?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu 14.04.1/Apache 2/5.5.38/5.5.9/9.4.0.0

Welcome Mystic,

We can only help you if you promise to let everyone in the PostNuke community know about CPG-Nuke Laughing Laughing

Anyway, we have a Magic Tool here:
dragonflycms.net/Forums/search.html

Insert the word Calender and:

You find:

Calendar4U
dragonflycms.net/Forum...rt=45.html

Now Called
Events4U

www.cpgnuke.de/

Hope this helps, again Welcome, webdev1

The nobler sort of man emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad. The inferior does the reverse. -- Confucius (Modern Translation... If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.)

are continuously changing...

This could be interesting, I would like to see PostNuke converted. Heck mabye intigrated into the installer.

PS - Welcome Mr. Green

Cent OS :: 1.3.34 :: 4.1.13 :: 4.4.2 :: CVS

Last edited by Stephen on Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thanks for the welcome and quick response. Very Happy

Guess I should have dislodged my cranium and used the search. Okay, everyone all together now... Duh! Embarassed

So I must now also thank you for calmly showing me the equivelant of {expletive removed}... Rolling Eyes

If CPG is all that it appears to be, then you bet I'll convert who I can from the Post world. Post is working on a major release to fix many things as well.

Several things are attracting me to CPG. Security, speed and the nicest thing, a friggin rights system that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out! I completely locked up my Post CMS at work by zigging when I should have zagged in a rights issue.

Important safety tip, the Admin should NEVER be able to lock themselves out of not seeing anything on the site. Thanks to a little hacking a friend and I were able to get back into the site. Laughing

Hope to stay with you all and support you for a long time to come!

- Mystic

Welcome Mystic, I hope you have a wonderful experience with CPG-Nuke. I know I have!

www.digitalelements.org

admin @ digitalelements.org

Linux/1.3.33 (Unix)/4.0.20-standard/4.3.10/8.2 (Upgrading to 9.0.5)

Since there is no DB conversion system i like to receive so important information so i shall integrate a conversion routine in the installer.

- PostNuke version
- PostNuke sql dump

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Mystic wrote
Anyone else here convert from Post Nuke?

Well Mystic, I think I might just do the same... CPG-Nuke has made its way to the top of my list of alternative CMSes. Don't get me wrong, I like PostNuke for the most part, but what flaws and problem areas I've found just don't sit right with me so therefore I figure I'm going to make the switch sooner than later. Besides that, while the developers state they are making progress on the new version, I think it's not progressing fast enough for my tastes.

-Joe

Linux/???/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/Soon to be 9.1.1

DJMaze wrote
Since there is no DB conversion system i like to receive so important information so i shall integrate a conversion routine in the installer.

- PostNuke version
- PostNuke sql dump

If you do that, I will definitely move to CPG-Nuke.

Linux/Apache1.3.31/MySQL 4.0.20/PHP 4.3.8/CPGNuke 8.2b

Just waiting for an e-mail address from DJ on where he wants the dump sent...

- Mystic

Mystic wrote
Just waiting for an e-mail address from DJ on where he wants the dump sent...
Embarassed convert AT cpgnuke DOT ...

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

On its way!

Good Luck!

- Mystic

I'm also contemplating CPG-Nuke. I'm changing web hosts, and since I broke my last site (twice...) I thought I'd go CMS shopping again.

I've had postnuke for a couple of months, and one thing that's keeping me with it is my theme. I almost modified it for e107, and no matter which system I choose, the themes need to be simple enough to change. (I would also love to have the right menu - or whatever you all call it - to be slightly different than the left.)

While I"m here, is there any way to get a permalink embedded into the title of a news item? So people would click on the title and go to a page with the item and comments?

silverwing - shopping

misguidedthoughts.com

Linux/1.3.29/4.0.18standard/4.3.4

I would definitely start using CPG over Postnuke if there was some kind of conversion script or a conversion added to the installer. I really don't want to lose my members or my forum (pnphpBB).

Linux/notsure/notsure/notsure

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on the team is familiar enough with postnuketo write the conversion. Here it may be up to you to provide one.

I've only tested two versions myself and only have one running, but don't have time to look into it with everything else going on.

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

I started with phpnuke but it didn't have the power and flexablity I needed so I went with postnuke and found power and flexibility but it had very few good free themes so when I found that cpgnuke is compatable (sorta) with phpnuke themes I bit. Well I really like CPG but it seems to get alot of function call errors that trouble me. I am constantly tracking down sql_query errors and searching for good modules that work right.

OK now on to my question. I found a little module in postnuke that is called "eventreg" It allowed the admin to add events and then have people fill out customized registration forms for the event. It is a very ingenious little module. I have scoured the internet searching for something that would work the same way with cpgnuke and to my dismay I have found almost nothing. I did find a phpnuke module called event manager that clamed to support registration forms but the "the_cat" s website has been hacked by the spyware team... I fear his module is forever lost. I need a solution for this problem so bad that I am willing to start porting eventreg over to cpg, but I just don't know how. Can anyone help me out?

php mysql