Miscellaneous ⇒ User & Newbie Resources :: Archives ⇒ Video tutorial software :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUser & Newbie Resources

Archived ⇒ Video tutorial software

djdevon3 wrote
what software was used to capture the video? if i can get it maybe i'll make one too for something.

Those tuts are made with Camtasia Studio ($$$). You can make some very nice Flash tutorials (no sound) with Wink (FREE). I personally prefer tuts made with this. Smaller swf files and is easier to step through a tutorial if done right.

Sedulously eschew obfuscated hyperverbosity and prolixity.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora Core 2 Linux/1.3.29 (Unix) /4.0.24-standard-log/4.3.10/9.0.5.0

How would you add sound then? Will premiere take flash videos? I can't do a tutorial without sound that would confuse the crap out of people.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

I have been using Qarbon's Viewlet Builder and Viewlet Cam for the tutorials I've been working on.

Linux | 1.3.37 | 4.1.22-standard | 4.4.4 | Dragonfly CVS

djdevon3 wrote
How would you add sound then? Will premiere take flash videos? I can't do a tutorial without sound that would confuse the crap out of people.

With WINK you record your steps with screenshots (auto or manual) then add directions in text boxes with arrows, back and forward buttons, and such. Real time recording is good if your are well prepared for your presentation -since every umm, uhh, and erroneous mouse movement is recorded. Having audio in sync also makes it harder to edit. Audio also makes for a huge file to download (or buffer if embedded) so you can forget about most dial-uppers ever watching it. (We are many -and many not by choice).

Nothing worse than a huge download of a long rambling tutorial narrated by an amateur speaker with an accent (I'm talking about me btw!). Same problem with info podcasts. Who has the time? Most people would rather read it quick. If creating a tut I'd also rather edit type instead of doing 20 takes trying to get a long audio tutorial just right.

Just a free alternative (and advice) for anyone following this thread. There's other great free apps at same site btw.

P.S. Settle on something and get busy cos I'm looking forward to some tutorials! The noob site above only has the same 3 tuts (which are good) which were posted months ago. Make us some more -I'll download them no matter what size they are!

Big grin

Kristin wrote
I have been using Qarbon's Viewlet Builder and Viewlet Cam for the tutorials I've been working on.

Wow, 450 bucks for both!

Kristin, I'd love to learn how to make beautiful themes like yours -without pulling out my hair in the process. I'd pay good money for that. Anxiously awaiting your tutorials.