Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ Problem with PMs after upgrade :: Archived (page 2) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ Problem with PMs after upgrade

missing new posts?
not exactly
the site went KAPOOF when i upgraded a month ago to latest version DF CMS.
No idea what happened but blocks were all over the place showing up in pages they couldnt possably exist more or less. Since i couldnt get it worked out fast enough i went into my admin panel on DF and tried to upload a backup file.
it went in but messed things up even more.
I later realized that the upgrade added more tables into SQL so my back which was made before the upgrade was useless.

it only contained DUMP DATA and not the SQL data to creat tables so i couldnt do a full SQL restore from the server C-PANEL

here is what i had to do

I still had all the DUMP data from the sql tables.
This meant Posts, news (mostly) CPG info, PMs, Users and their account info.
Pretty much everything that would consist of CONTENT for the site.

So i had to make a secondary install of DF
goto server C Panel > MySql phpMyAdmin
Find all DF tables
Empty all these tables
Upload the DF admin sql back file which added all the content into the NEW DF install.

However this may have also resulted in adding in PMs dated / created older then the DF installation itself.

Well theres my total package
got any ideas?

If not,
is there a way i can go in and globally DELETE all PMs ?

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

wasn't easier to go in admin -> blocks and reassign the top/down blocks to each modules since it was a new feature?

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

tried it
for some reason the top blocks kept showing up all over the place as TOP blocks

even the ones assigned as BOTTOM blocks woudl be at top above NEW ARTICLES - EVENTS - my coded blocks and so on

so......about my posted question?

ALTER TABLE cms_users ADD COLUMN user_skype VARCHAR(40) NULL AFTER user_yim

is that a querry command i need to paste into my php sql admin?

yes, just make sure to use the correct table prefix ... I'm using cms_ because is the default one.

might have worked
ill ask my user to click his old link again and iguess we will see if he gets a blank page or not

thanks

Having a problem with a new install:

cms: 9.1.2.1
mysql: 4.0.27
php: 4.4.1
domain: ut3.dogsofwarusa.com
Modules added:
Theme preview
ForumsPro v2
DownloadsPro
Themes CP

Member List Error:
includes/db/db.php CMS Warning line 75: On /index.php?name=Members_List While executing query "SELECT * FROM ut3_bbthemes WHERE themes_id = " the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 In: /home/dogsofwa/public_html/ut3/includes/phpBB/functions.php on line: 145

PM Error
includes/db/db.php CMS Warning line 75: On /index.php?name=Members_List While executing query "SELECT * FROM ut3_bbthemes WHERE themes_id = " the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 In: /home/dogsofwa/public_html/ut3/includes/phpBB/functions.php on line: 145

Groups Error
includes/db/db.php CMS Warning line 75: On /index.php?name=Groups While executing query "SELECT * FROM ut3_bbthemes WHERE themes_id = " the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 In: /home/dogsofwa/public_html/ut3/includes/phpBB/functions.php on line: 145

Line 145:
$result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".THEMES_TABLE." WHERE themes_id = $style");

Most everything else works flawlessly.

Linux/Apache2/MySQL4/PHP4/9.1.2.1

Did some digging and found the problem:

In includes/phpbb/functions.php

Line 145: $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".THEMES_TABLE." WHERE themes_id = $style");

I wanted to see what the value of $style was. I added an echo "Style=".$style; to the function.
When I ran the member list page again, I received: Style=

Looking at the DB and specifically, bbthemes table, only one theme is listed SubSilver -- ThemeID= 1. OK, no problem.

The function "setup_style" is getting a variable passed to it, $style, which in my case has no value. That's why I keep getting errors when that function is called.
I added a line in the function:
$style = 1;

I ran my members page, PM's, and groups page. No errors at all and they work great. Somewhere in the code $style is not getting defined. Not sure the problem, but I was able to come up with a fix.

----

Here is what my /includes/phpbb/functions.php looks like:
function setup_style($style) { $style=1; global $db, $board_config, $template, $cpgtpl, $images, $phpbb_root_path, $CPG_SESS; $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".THEMES_TABLE." WHERE themes_id = $style"); if (!($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))) { message_die(BB_CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not get theme data for themes_id [$style]"); }

Mac_Man have you never tried to read the very first two posts of this topic?

All of my themes have template directories.

Not sure what you mean.

Another PM problem:

On /index.php?name=Private_Messages
While executing query "SELECT privmsgs_id FROM ut3_bbprivmsgs
WHERE ( privmsgs_type = 1
OR privmsgs_type = 0
OR privmsgs_type = 5 )
AND privmsgs_date =
AND privmsgs_to_userid = 5"

the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND privmsgs_to_userid = 5' at line 6

--------------------
privmsgs_date = blank

This is a brand new install and I have not had problems with PM's on a site that has been upgraded to 9.1.2.1

This happens on the default and other installed themes.

@Mac_Man, I'm not sure if you have modified the code, but try uploading all files again and browse it using the default theme. All those kind of problems have been templates related.

Will do, thanks.

I'll let you know.

I reinstalled much of the cms, especially items required for pm's. Nuked the cache and it seems to be working.

Thanks, Nano.