Support ⇒ phpBB ⇒ Direct conversion standalone phpBB to CPG-BB forums ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly phpBB

Direct conversion standalone phpBB to CPG-BB forums Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next

thanks tank....

At the moment I am working on a converter directly from phpBB2 to Dragonfly. I use the converter from phpBB2 to PHPnuke from "Brady Owens of Hcor.net" which is mentiones ealier in this thread. The most tables are already working, havn't done the users convertion yet.
I have a problem with the topics table which does not want to convert and I don't know why. If someone could help me out here it would be really great.

Here is the code I think is the right one:

// phpbb_topics echo "Exporting {$p_prefix}_topics to {$n_prefix}_bbtopics<br>"; $result=$dbp->sql_query("SELECT * FROM {$p_prefix}_topics"); $count=$dbp->sql_numfields($result); while($row=$dbp->sql_fetchrow($result)) { fixQuotes(); $dbn->sql_query("INSERT INTO {$n_prefix}_bbtopics SET topic_id='{$row['topic_id']}', forum_id='{$row['forum_id']}', topic_title='{$row['topic_title']}', topic_poster='{$row['topic_poster']}', topic_time='{$row['topic_time']}', topic_views='{$row['topic_views']}', topic_replies='{$row['topic_replies']}', topic_status='{$row['topic_status']}', topic_vote='{$row['topic_vote']}', topic_type='{$row['topic_type']}', topic_last_post_id='{$row['topic_last_post_id']}', topic_first_post_id='{$row['topic_first_post_id']}', topic_moved_id='{$row['topic_moved_id']}', topic_attachment='0', topic_icon_id='' ") or $dbn->sql_error; } $dbp->sql_freeresult($result); echo "Done <br><br>";

Except from the users it is the last table which does not work, so please help... Confused

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Apache/dragonfly

I have attached my modified files so far. Maybe someone could help with the topics table which somehow does not function (it is in the step8 file) and the user convertion where I don't have a clue at the moment why it does not work and how it should be changed.

when these 2 problems are solved we have a converter directly from phpBB to Dragonfly without installing PHPnuke and using the tables from PHPnuke.

Attachment deleted cause it was a non functional one and some may get confused. Download the working converter ...here

Apache/dragonfly

Last edited by CHIG on Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

ok, I have found the error for the topic now, as I said a very easy one, instead of topic_icon_id='' it is icon_id='' Laughing Embarassed ...

So it depends now just on the user table....
maybe someone could explain how the password is saved cause it seems that it is a little different to phpBB since the passwords do not function in CPGnuke...

Apache/dragonfly

ok, I got the user table under control wasn't that hard, just 2 more things that do not function here now. The password does not function and all the users are suspended and have to be restored. I hope somebody from you have an idea how to solve these 2 problems. I could live with the suspended thing, but not with this password thing...

Apache/dragonfly

got it working now, hopefully I don't find any more bugs now... maybe I can get it in a nice install script...

Apache/dragonfly

finished it now, not a nice isntall script but working Laughing

should be avaiable at the downloads section soon

Apache/dragonfly

Thanks for writing that script Chig. I've been waiting for months for one to come out. I downloaded it and tried it with my site. It went through the process, saying everything has been completed and said it was finished, but it only took around 2 seconds. So, I looked at the site and none of the data was imported. It did clear out the data because none of the users were there anymore, but it didn't import any data. I checked the names of the tables listed in the text the script gave me with the names listed in phpmyadmin and they were the same.

I'm running phpbb 2.0.10 and Dragonfly 9.0.1.

linux/1.3.33/4.0.22/4.2.9/dragonfly

Thakkin wrote
Thanks for writing that script Chig. I've been waiting for months for one to come out. I downloaded it and tried it with my site. It went through the process, saying everything has been completed and said it was finished, but it only took around 2 seconds. So, I looked at the site and none of the data was imported. It did clear out the data because none of the users were there anymore, but it didn't import any data. I checked the names of the tables listed in the text the script gave me with the names listed in phpmyadmin and they were the same.

I'm running phpbb 2.0.10 and Dragonfly 9.0.1.

ME TO Confused

I'm running phpbb 2.0.13 and Dragonfly 9.0.1

win2000/Apache1.3/MySQL4.0.20a-nt /PHP4.3.8/CPGNuke versions:9.01

which files did you use?? the attachment some posts before my last one does not function try this one:

converter final

hope that will solve your problems Wink

edit: link working again (16th jan. 06)

or try this one http://dragonflycms.org/Downloads/details/id=126.html

Apache/dragonfly

Last edited by CHIG on Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

I downloaded it from the downloads section. I'll try this one.

EDIT: I figured out what I did wrong. I was a mistype of the phpbb tables. I had the prefix as phpbb2 instead of phpbb. It worked fine this time. Thanks again. I really appretiate you taking the time to write it.

linux/1.3.33/4.0.22/4.2.9/dragonfly

ahh that sounds good now.... Smile
I hope this tool will bring many new people to this community Wink

Apache/dragonfly

Cool! One thing I'd like to caution everyone on is to be sure backup your DB. There are so many mods that people do to PHPBB that something may not work exactly right hte first time and you may have to tweak a few things and re-install your backup. Just a heads up..

I'm glad this was put together. I've been wanting to do it for some time but haven't had the time. Hopefully the Dev team will add it in to the install scripts so it will support future releases

Search is your friend

Fedora Core 1, Apache 1.3.33, Mysql 4.1.14, PHP 5.0.5 w/ APC cache, Dragonfly 9.0.6.1

Excellent, now we just need the Coppermine to Dragonfly, and we have 2 major standalone converters Smile

hmm, guess the other one is IPB - want to have a go at that one CHIG?
(btw, made this a sticky, even tho we don't have a lot of topics here)

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

I will be away for 2 weeks from tomorrow on, maybe thereafter, if someone gives me tha data from the board, it isn't free as far as I know...

Apache/dragonfly

Hopefully we can get some data from here Smile
dragonflycms.org/Forum...html#52413

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total