Support ⇒ phpBB ⇒ Direct conversion standalone phpBB to CPG-BB forums ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly phpBB

Direct conversion standalone phpBB to CPG-BB forums Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next

Hello I

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
SQL4

About the converter script:

There might be a minor issue in the "db.php": if both your phpbb and cpgnuke databases are owned by the same mysql user, then calling the "mysql_pconnect()" twice with out closing the first connection may cause troubles.

If your converter finishes in 2 seconds, it might the case since every mysql db query returns null value. A simple away to get around it -- grant one of the databases to a different mysql user and put different usernames in the "config.php".

My host doesn't allow me to have more than 1 db admin. Anyway around this w/out going to phpnuke?

Linux Redhat/Apache 2.0.46 (Red Hat)/Mysql 4.1.16-standard/PHP 4.3.10

Wanted to provide some feedback related to the PHPBB import script, and not sure where to leave it. So figured I would post it here.

1. I modified the code so I could tell which database connection was failing, small thing but seems like it should be in there.

$dbp = new sql_db($p_host, $p_user, $p_pass, $p_db, false); if(!$dbp->db_connect_id){ echo "Could not connect to PHPBB database"; exit; } $dbn = new sql_db($n_host, $n_user, $n_pass, $n_db, false); if(!$dbn->db_connect_id){ echo "Could not connect to CPGNUKE database"; exit; }

2. It would be nice if I could just go through a phpbb.sql file I have and dump the info to a dragonfly.sql file, seeings how I can't use the script on my live host due to the limitation of 1 mysql admin/owner.

Linux Redhat/Apache 2.0.46 (Red Hat)/Mysql 4.1.16-standard/PHP 4.3.10

OK I ran the script. I also had to add a second db user to get it to work. But my issue is that after it completed it suspened all the users except my moderators and admins. Is this intended? Becuase I have over 6,600 users and this is realy going to suck.

CentOS/1.3.34/4.0.25/4.4.1/9.0.6.1

OK so i guess the question is does any one know why it would suspend all my users and how can I fix it so that when I do this for real it doe snot suspend my users?

Check the user_level values in your *_users table. The system you're importing from may have different user_level values in your current system than what dragonfly uses, it's happened before. There is more information in this post. For example, look up a user in the cms_users table after the conversion that you know should have access and one that is suspended. If the user_level values are 0 for the normal user and 1 for the suspended user, then you can run a query to update them, something like:
update cms_users set user_level = 10 where user_level = 0; update cms_users set user_level = 0 where user_level = 1; update cms_users set user_level = 1 where user_level = 10;

Don't forget to back your database up before running these queries - they're untested.

Win, Linux/1.3.34/4.0.26, 5.0.19/4.3.10, 5.1.2, 8.1.4(PostgresSQL)/9.0.6.1, CVS

Thanks I will try that. I have ran into another peoblem. Prior to convert ranks were working fine. Afte convert rankicons would no longer show up. There is just the text display for the rank. I have gone into the ranks and modified the ranks to point to the correct rank image. It looks like the ranks are located in root/images/ranks. This is where I uploaded my rank icons to. Any idea?

Resolved my issues with Rank icons. I had to put the full path to the icons.

It is me again... Not that any one has been answering me. But I still ahve not taken my site into full production yet as I am still trign to work all the little bugs and minks out of the system. With over 6000 users I dont want to take any chances you know.

SO this is what I am wondering if anyone has done yet. I need to get the uploads etc that memebrs have posted whith the forum posts to migrate as well. It looks liek DF uses the same attachement mod maybe just a little modified but not much the db structure looks the same as well. But I notice this script stripts out all of the attachement info. Is there any way to migrate the attachemnts as well? I know I need to manually move the attachemnts to the new location as DF staroes them in a different location then phpbb. I have tried to inport the sections of the db that I could find to try to get it to work but have not had any success yet.

All the script from CHIG seems to do with 9.0.6.1 is completely empty all of the forum database tables it touches.

Anyone know if just manually replacing tables will do the trick? Or are there files that need to be edited as well?

Apache 2.0/MySQL 4.1.14/PHP 5.0.1/DF 9.0.6.1

IT apears to me to only do db tables.

the script works fine for me, except for two points:
it suspends 1300 of my users, all of them have other characters than standard ascii letters, and it does not convert any danish characters such as æ,ø,å
any solutions,

and why does it suspend then, can i allow strange characters in user names in cpgnuke?

cpgnuke 9,06

I was not able to get this to work on someone else's phpbb forums.

It *says* it works... but no tables are created, or moved, or anything at all.

Can someone help me figre out why this time I can't get this to work? Please? I'm sure it's somthing simple that I'm missing.

[ Linux / Apache 2.2.8 / MySQL 5.0.45 / PHP 5.2.6 / CPG 8.2b - 9.3.4.1]

please the problem with international characters are really bothering me, i dont really want to correct them all manually Smile

cpgnuke 9,06

Ah! The script worked (after creating a new mySQL-user in BOTH databases!)! I'm SO happy! Very Happy

Now on to the Coppermine conversion... Shocked

none