Support ⇒ phpBB ⇒ Direct conversion standalone phpBB to CPG-BB forums ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly phpBB

Direct conversion standalone phpBB to CPG-BB forums Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but I thought I would throw it in here to help people out...

For those of you that have one database user name for both your phpbb2 and dragonfly you can modify the config.php as such to get this script to work.

Note: this assumes that all of your other database information is the same outside of the database name. (e.g. localhost, dbuser, dbpasswd, etc...) But if these were on different servers and/or different user accounts, you would not be reading this 😉

//phpBB2 
$p_user="username"; 
$p_pass="password"; 
$p_db="database"; 
$p_host="localhost"; 
$p_prefix="database.phpbb"; 

//CPGnuke 
$n_user="username"; 
$n_pass="password"; 
$n_db="database"; 
$n_host="localhost"; 
$n_prefix="database.cms"; 

The lines to look at are the "prefix" lines. Put your database name followed by a period in front of the actual prefix.

This is a DIRTY way of doing this as doing it the right way would require a huge update to most of the php files.

I just ran it this way with no issues outside of the people being added as "banned" or whatever. [Note, there really should be a "select all" for all those check boxes Smile ]

ephil

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

does with work with 2.0.22?
do i have to set up the dragonfly database, or does the script do it itself?

I've been trying this, but somehow it doesn't seem to be working.

I've setup a test server with my phpbb2.0.22 forum imported and I've installed a clean DragonFly 9.1.1

When I use the script it does import all categories and forums, but not the posts and/or users.

My own created user in DF is also gone.
Anyone have an idea?

SME7.1 / Apache 2 / MySQL 4.1.12 / PHP 4.3.9 / CPGNuke 9.1.1

spinach wrote
About the converter script:

There might be a minor issue in the "db.php": if both your phpbb and cpgnuke databases are owned by the same mysql user, then calling the "mysql_pconnect()" twice with out closing the first connection may cause troubles.

If your converter finishes in 2 seconds, it might the case since every mysql db query returns null value. A simple away to get around it -- grant one of the databases to a different mysql user and put different usernames in the "config.php".

This post was helpful to me... thanks a lot!

unlock.your-phone.info

XP/x/4.1.22/4.4/9.1.2.1