Miscellaneous ⇒ Search Engines :: Archives ⇒ Created a new site about 2 days ago :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSearch Engines

Archived ⇒ Created a new site about 2 days ago

It has 60-some forum posts now, but a couple of days ago had 20-something.

Yesterday: 0 urls indexed on Google

Today: 17 urls indexed on Google

I love LEO. 😄

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

LEO, signatures and effective site design Smile

linux / apache 2.2.22 / mysqli 5.6.34 / 7.1.22 / 10.0.48.9418+

I notice DF now has appended "nofollow" on sig links. (My own 9.1.1 as well as this site.)

That said, I may or may not have snuck some invisilinks into the theme of my more popular site. *whistles*

Through the years, I've listened to users clamoring to have avatars & sigs (and ranks and karma and blahblah) and wondered "Why? Why all that crap? It's visual clutter!"

Try to preserve the integrity of the searchindex table by giving 'em sigs as containers to put their silly stuff in... and they balk, and STILL clutter their posts with non-topical content.

Yeah, clearly, obviously, sigs are often intended as self-promotion... but their linkback/SEO/SEM importance had never occurred to me, until now!

So, kick me and tell me I must've been living under a rock or something. Ah, the 'angles'. Such ingenious little buggers we netizens are.

target=_blank rel=nofollow

^--- C'mon admit it, that's the right thing to do.

Now that reminds me, back in the day...

To the great chagrin of the users, I customized our veebullshetin threaddisplay script so that a participant's sig was displayed only ONCE per thread (within their first post)... and noticed shortly thereafter that our ranking for targeted keywords in major the search engines (Excite, Google and Yahoo, at that time) really improved. I never put my finger on the reason (hey, my time was spread waaaaaay too thin)...

If you manage multiple sites & can play around with changes and make comparisons, I think there might be more (merit) to this than "the right thing to do".

DragonflyCMS version 9.1.1.0

bart2 wrote
so that a participant's sig was displayed only ONCE per thread (within their first post)... and noticed shortly thereafter that our ranking for targeted keywords
not a bad idea since major search engine dont like "duplicate content" along duplicate phrases within the content like signatures and server specification are.

Also a dynamic keywords manager at module or admin level (not sure yet) will be available sometimes soon.

About ranks, karma which we don't (and never will) use and other cluttering objects Dragonfly uses Templates and a light-weight theme can be easily created.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Yeah, page rank is a mighty river that gets siphoned off into tiny tributaries of sigs. I really like the automagic sig nofollow. (Until I noticed it while trying to get spiders to a new site, LOL. But like I said there are other ways.)

Laughing I did forget about that little change, partly intended to thwart the efforts of spammers.

Subtle links in a site you already have indexed will also do the job quite nicely, but a well designed (covers a multitude of issues) accessible site does help greatly.

linux / apache 2.2.22 / mysqli 5.6.34 / 7.1.22 / 10.0.48.9418+