Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ How Convert phpnuke with phpbb to dragonfly 9.1.1?? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ How Convert phpnuke with phpbb to dragonfly 9.1.1??

It's converted LOL.

1. I forgot to tell him about using the same prefix the first time, so the installer happily put a new 9.1.1, probably using prefix cms. After that, includes/config.php existed so the installer wouldn't ask for any connection info.

2. There's one bug I knew the cause of in install/sql/upgrade/cpg8x.php. Reported here with fix.

3. Same stuff others have been reporting with the installer complaining about various fields that do/don't exist. Success was had after manually creating whatever it wanted, but it took some monkeying. I'd like to troubleshoot this some more, but I don't have any nuke data any longer and I'm not sure if the default nuke install is a test population that will trigger all of these same errors. Anyone have nuke data they would like to donate to the cause? It would help to have some users but you can of course delete emails or whatever else you don't want me to have. I'll destroy my copy of your data as soon as I have it upgrading correctly.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

The phpnuke version is very relevant - Nano has confirmed there may be issues with 7.8 which isn't catered for (only up to 7.6).

However, I have also seen reported that 7.8 converts successfully to 9.0.6.1, then upgrade to 9.1.1 - I suspect many issues may be resolved by using the cvs snapshot (unofficial 9.1.1.2).

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

This was 7.5. And I know some installer files have been updated in cvs, but at least cpg8x.php was not since the 9.1.1 release.

I'll see if I can get hold of Nano to confirm for you - might save you a lot of work Smile

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Still safer to do puke -> 9.0.6.1 -> 9.1.1, however the installer is improving

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Ok, I will advise that from now on. I am still interested in troubleshooting the current installer though.

I agree sarah, but one of the biggest problem is that tests have to be done with a not-empty, production site puke database.

Empty databases tricked me to many times in past to use them again.

In total agreement, hopefully someone will respond to my beg for data at the top of this page. Wink

I have some data your welcome to, few thousand threads and few hundred users. Its 7.9 Puke and im having some issues converting it over to the latest dragonfly.

Email me your details and ill send it though.

Will get these later

I am having the same problems with installing on my server, currently using 7.9 albiet that i don't want to installed, and kept getting access denied message. Really getting frustrated, am I to deactivate all blocks and modules? just getting lost and confused by the second...

phpnuke 7.9

I have been trying to get this right but I am having some trouble.

Disable blocks and modules (for nuke or DF? and will this affect db?)
Remove nuke files (can I overwrite them?)
Upload DF files
Install (putting in the connection info for the same database nuke was in) (When I tried this using 'nuke' it did not work.

Also can I install DF in a different folder and have both the nuke and DF run off the same db? I am trying to convert it with out affecting the nuke site until we decide to make the official switch.

OS: Linux / Apache: 1.3.37 (Unix) / MySQL: 5.0.27-standard / PHP: 4.4.6 / Dragonfly (9.1.2.1)

Okay, I have the sites installed.

I need help transfering the userinfo in an already created DFCMS DB.
This is the PHP NUKE CMS
kotls.com/

These are the Dragonfly CMS sites
kotls.com/stronghold
kotls.com/starpost
kotls.com/soulstone
kotls.com/kls
kotls.com/fansite

I Installed the DF sites onto the same DB with different Prefixes. Changed the Config file so they all use the same User DB prefix.

All I want from the NUKE PHP is the user info. Is there some method of COPY/PASTE the user info onto the new DB without trying to figure out how to reinstall and run the multiple sites off the old DB?

I really do not want to have to reinstall since I have already began modding the new sites.

Any help would be grrrrreat! >:+)

"Z"

OS: Linux / Apache: 1.3.37 (Unix) / MySQL: 5.0.27-standard / PHP: 4.4.6 / Dragonfly (9.1.2.1)

Nevermind, I found the fix by Popeye

1. go to Cpanel and myphpadmin
2. open the old database
3. export only the nuke_users from it
4. save as sql file and make sure before saved, u must tick at SQL option "Add DROP TABLE / DROP VIEW"
5. after that, the file as u export will saved in ur computer and ur must open its first
6. Then, u find the database name, example.. otaimerz_v6 <--- so, change to ur new database like otaimerz_v2 or whatever u had been create.
7. after that, find the text nuke_users and change it to cms_usrs.. <-- the text as nuke_users is very more in the sql file, sou must changing all.. cms_users
8. then, save the file
9. Open the Cpanel and myphpadmin, and open the new database had been create before
10. import it file..
"Z"

Grumundi wrote
I have some data your welcome to, few thousand threads and few hundred users. Its 7.9 Puke and im having some issues converting it over to the latest dragonfly.

Email me your details and ill send it though.

I missed that.