Support ⇒ Requests :: Archives ⇒ bbcode buttons & smilies in quick reply :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexRequests

Archived ⇒ bbcode buttons & smilies in quick reply

I would be pleased if we can add bbcode buttons & smilies as standard to the quick reply in forums, like we have in private messages.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
ClarkConnect 3.2/Apache 2.0.x/MySQL 4.1.x/PHP 4.3.x/Dragonfly CVS

Should be easily possible, both are just function calls. But consider the downside. I used to frequent a (non *-Nuke) site until they added this feature, using the FCKeditor, which was displayed at the foot of every forum page. The forums became very slow and unresponive to use, due to the large amount of date, button images, scripts, formatting, etc. being downloaded for every page.

Perhaps make it a User Preference switch?

The current set up is optimal for those of us not on a fast connection, 'cos if you click Preview at any point in the typing, you get the full screen to add the formatting.

Pro_News CM™ - Content Management for Dragonfly CMS™

Linux / 1.3.39 - 2.4.9 / 5.5.42 - 5.6.16 / 5.4.37 - 5.5.11 / 9.4

I understand that, but fckeditor is horrible slow compared with bbcodes editor.
The editor is already in place but missing the buttons. So it won't slow down that much.

If not user preference switch at least an admin switch like for PM.

ClarkConnect 3.2/Apache 2.0.x/MySQL 4.1.x/PHP 4.3.x/Dragonfly CVS

well the bb buttons are there if you turn them on right now. i will be buggered if i can figure out how to add the smileys though. Confused

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

That's because you have ForumsPro, it's an admin option in that module but not standard Forums.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

ah excellent, thanks for pointing that out. Guess i need to talk to them about adding the smileys as well then. Cool

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0