General ⇒ $this->Website :: Archives ⇒ I don't believe my eyes. :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Archived ⇒ I don't believe my eyes.

dragonflycms.org/Proje...d=743.html

I have not believed up to the present that i can get an answer like this. Were you thinking on this problem?
I can understand an answer e.g. "we don't have time to play with this small bug" or "a free software knows much like this" , but i write a bug and i get that i should update my php... Evil or Very Mad

Time() function doesn't have bug. It is written here what time() makes: hu2.php.net/manual/en/...n.time.php
And it does.

In fact. Why time()'s value decreased by the difference between GMT and localtime?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux silver 2.6.17.9 #4 SMP i686 // Apache 2.0 Handler // 5.0.32-Dotdeb_1.dotdeb.1-log (client: 4.1.15) // 5.2.1-0.dotdeb.1 // 9.1.2.1

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but it looks to me like: you made another report first which got marked bogus for not having enough info. Then you made another one with even less info. I for one am not sure I understand what you are saying the problem is.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

PHP always had problems with date/time data untill PHP 5.1
The issue does not relay in time() but in the other functions that format the date: date(), strftime(), etc.

Therefore gmtime() offsets the UTC so that the other functions like date() "somesort of" fixed.

I know this is bad, so i went back a few weeks ago and changed the gmtime() function to just return time() since PHP 5.2 works properly.
However, someone else changed it back to substract timezone since all other PHP versions didn't work properly with it.

So actualy we are in an "impasse".

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Trob you have got an answer to your duplicate bug that explains you how it works
dragonflycms.org/Proje...html#c2005

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

sarah wrote
Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but it looks to me like: you made another report first which got marked bogus for not having enough info. Then you made another one with even less info. I for one am not sure I understand what you are saying the problem is.

Dear Sarah,

Yes, you are almost right. But i send a report on thios bug first, what contain all infos. And some days later i send another with more infos as i was investigating.
So sorry for the duplicated bug report. But this is independent of the negligent answer on the first report.

Linux silver 2.6.17.9 #4 SMP i686 // Apache 2.0 Handler // 5.0.32-Dotdeb_1.dotdeb.1-log (client: 4.1.15) // 5.2.1-0.dotdeb.1 // 9.1.2.1

Last edited by trob on Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

DJ Maze wrote
PHP always had problems with date/time data untill PHP 5.1
The issue does not relay in time() but in the other functions that format the date: date(), strftime(), etc.

Therefore gmtime() offsets the UTC so that the other functions like date() "somesort of" fixed.

I know this is bad, so i went back a few weeks ago and changed the gmtime() function to just return time() since PHP 5.2 works properly.
However, someone else changed it back to substract timezone since all other PHP versions didn't work properly with it.

So actualy we are in an "impasse".

Thank You DJMaze, it is an aswer what is an answer. not worthy

NanoCaiordo wrote
Trob you have got an answer to your duplicate bug that explains you how it works
dragonflycms.org/Proje...html#c2005

Thanks, Nano