Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ [release] Spaw 2.01 wysiwyg for dragonfly 9.1.1 (also 9.2.x) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

[release] Spaw 2.01 wysiwyg for dragonfly 9.1.1 (also 9.2.x) Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next

harbrum wrote

That confused me a little.
I was editing the config.default.php instead of the config.php
I only had to edit the path to the uploads directory.
Because my dragonfly is installed in a subdirectory of the root.

My mistake Smile it should of course be config.php and not config.default.php Embarassed

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
ClarkConnect 3.2/Apache 2.0.x/MySQL 4.1.x/PHP 4.3.x/Dragonfly CVS

Pitcher wrote
try to manually insert the correct paths to the config file for the spaw editor.

located in includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/config/config.default.php

I'm still kind of confused.. Are you telling me to add the path to the config in the config file itself (like the file can't find itself) or am I supposed to edit a different file to tell it where the the config file is?

or are you talking about Dragonfly's /includes/config.php

FreeBSD 5.5/Apache 1.3.36/Mysql 4.1.16/PHP 4.4.2/9.0.6.1 (upgraded form phpnuke 7.8)

You should edit the includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/config/config.php and enter the full path.
like it says in the file:
// if calculation fails (usually if web server is not apache) set this manually
and
// sets physical filesystem directory where spaw files reside
// should work fine most of the time but if it fails set SPAW_ROOT manually by providing correct path

I messed around with this code for awhile but just can't get it working..

redux.blacktemplars.or...ile=submit

Perhaps you can show me an example.

local path
/home/u6/robojerk/blacktemplars.org/redux/html/

<?

// sets physical filesystem directory of web site root
// if calculation fails (usually if web server is not apache) set this manually
SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('DOCUMENT_ROOT', str_replace("\","/",SpawVars::getServerVar("DOCUMENT_ROOT")));
if (!ereg('/$', SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue('DOCUMENT_ROOT')))
  SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('DOCUMENT_ROOT', SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'/');
// sets physical filesystem directory where spaw files reside
// should work fine most of the time but if it fails set SPAW_ROOT manually by providing correct path
SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_ROOT', str_replace("\","/",realpath(dirname(__FILE__)."/..").'/'));
// sets virtual path to the spaw directory on the server
// if calculation fails set this manually
SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_DIR', '/'.str_replace(SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue("DOCUMENT_ROOT"),'',SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue("SPAW_ROOT")));

FreeBSD 5.5/Apache 1.3.36/Mysql 4.1.16/PHP 4.4.2/9.0.6.1 (upgraded form phpnuke 7.8)

SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/u6/robojerk/blacktemplars.org/redux/html/');
SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_ROOT', '/home/u6/robojerk/blacktemplars.org/redux/html/includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/');

Sorry for being a pain...

Thanks, that worked like a champ! =)

No Problem Wink

One last thing, on the demo site, you have a way to change the font (Arial, Courier, Tahome, etc.) Where did you get that plugin?

Its build in.

Just change
SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('default_toolbarset','standard');

with
SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('default_toolbarset','all');

in the config file

i really like this, thanks.

One thing though, is it always displays SPAW, even if i choose none or bbcode?

2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen/2.2.13/5.0.89-community-log/5.2.11/9.3.3.0

Hi all,

Installed the SPAW Editor 2.0.1 on my Dragonfly 9.1.1 site and it worked rather well. Then I upgraded to 9.1.2.1 and sadly it stopped working correctly.

Now it auto adds "700px" to both the story text and extended text. When a member creates a news story now and hits "preview" the story shows up at the top preview, but the actual information is gone below in the editor and replaced with the "700px" text in both fields.

If the member "submits" the story it shows up as "700px" in both areas in the submissions area of site.

(Also i'd like to know how to make the editor box higher and how to get the editor to work in the Admin "Add Story" as well as "Blogs" parts of my site.)

Any help & suggestions would be great.

Our site is at www.kismetbp.com.

Lord Kismet

Redhat Linux/Apache - 1.3.37/mySQL - 4.1.15 /PHP - 5.2.3/Dragonfly CMS 9.2.1

Problem solved. Was issue with new Dragonfly update files i installed. Just did a reinstall of the SpawEditor and checked my config on everything and it works good now.

Redhat Linux/Apache - 1.3.37/mySQL - 4.1.15 /PHP - 5.2.3/Dragonfly CMS 9.2.1

I've been fooling with it for the past hour or so, and I just can't get it to work properly. I too am having an issue similar to robojerk with the path configuration. My DragonFly site begins in a single sub-directory beneath the root, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried changing the pathing to everything I could think of. Below is the code I'm using; any suggestions would be well appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

(I tried desperately to post this using [php] tags, and it would not accept the whole script. I'm sorry if it's hard to read.)

// sets physical filesystem directory of web site root // if calculation fails (usually if web server is not apache) set this manually SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('DOCUMENT_ROOT', ''); if (!ereg('/$', SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue('DOCUMENT_ROOT'))) SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('DOCUMENT_ROOT', SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'/'); // sets physical filesystem directory where spaw files reside // should work fine most of the time but if it fails set SPAW_ROOT manually by providing correct path SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_ROOT', '/includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/'); // sets virtual path to the spaw directory on the server // if calculation fails set this manually SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_DIR', '/'.str_replace(SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue("DOCUMENT_ROOT"),'',SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue("SPAW_ROOT")));

MySQL 5.x / PHP 5.x

Kimset could you elaborate on how you fixed it as Im having a similar problem on 9.1.2.1?

I managed to get it working in the mKnow module.

Though it saids 500px you just replace that.

But when you go to edit your article it doesn't show the article or the sprawl toolbar instead it just shows 500px again in the imput text area and nothing else in there.

Is there a way to overcome it?

If anyone wants to test it just let me know and I'll grant permissions.

Edit: news post is fine now but mKnow still has 500px in it.

Dragonfly (9.1.2.1) PHP 4.3.10 MySQL 4.1.13

I managed to get it working in the mKnow module.

Would you or could you give the instructions on what you did to implement this? The versatile module mKnow is the main Content module on a school site that I maintain. I would really like to know how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Devuan jessie / Apache 2.4x / MariaDB 10.x / PHP 5.6x / DF 9.4