Support ⇒ Modules & Blocks ⇒ [release] Spaw 2.01 wysiwyg for dragonfly 9.1.1 (also 9.2.x) ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

[release] Spaw 2.01 wysiwyg for dragonfly 9.1.1 (also 9.2.x) Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next

As i said.

While the module is in it doesn't work properly as it has a 500px in the edit data problem.

Also when you click edit on a already made article it showes no toolbar and just 500px in the main edit data.

But you can try to test if you want.

You just copy it into the WYSIWYG folder under sprawl and then go into mKnow cnd click to change the editor from none or bbcode to sprawl.

But you will get the problem I described in my earlier post abs above this text.

Doing some looking it appears that it needs some changed files like the submit news module to get it to work.

So if anyone had the time to look into this it would be great.

As I really need some tables system for imputing data as allot of the stuff our site is looking (listings of game stuff like npc's etc) is all done in tables.

Also why is spawl so long to load it takes like 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Dragonfly (9.1.2.1) PHP 4.3.10 MySQL 4.1.13

I've installed Spaw for the news submission page and it works great. I've been searching, but have been unable to discover whether or not it's possible to integrate Spaw (or another wysiwyg editor) into the default DF forum module.

Can it be done? Could someone point me in the right direction, even a thread link?

Thank you

I've got similar issues as Revenger and Kismet:
I'm using it for Content Enhanced module, when I create a new article, all the text boxes have "90%" in them. I can erase that by typing a space, then deleting the 90% and it seems to work ok, but the main problem is when I edit an existing article, all the existing text is just replaced with "90%"

This is a brand new 9.1.2.1 installation (I also tried fckeditor and HTMLarea, but fckeditor fails with a undefined function gethtml() and HTMLarea has tiny edit areas)

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

OK, I think I've got this worked out. Looking at the wysiwyg code for ContentEnh and Pitcher's modified News submit.php, it looks like the wysiwyg function does not want the height and width parameters passed.

in modules\content\admin\index.inc, I removed the height and width values from the wysiwyg calls and it seems to be working good for new articles and for edits:

Line 169 (v 9.7.11)
// Create required WYSIWYG instances. $wysiwyg_page_header = new Wysiwyg('content_save', 'page_header', ''); $wysiwyg_text = new Wysiwyg('content_save', 'text', ''); $wysiwyg_page_footer = new Wysiwyg('content_save', 'page_footer', ''); $wysiwyg_signature = new Wysiwyg('content_save', 'signature', '');

line 287
// Create required WYSIWYG instances. $wysiwyg_page_header = new Wysiwyg('content_save_edit', 'page_header', $mypages['page_header']); $wysiwyg_text = new Wysiwyg('content_save_edit', 'text', $mypages['text']); $wysiwyg_page_footer = new Wysiwyg('content_save_edit', 'page_footer', $mypages['page_footer']); $wysiwyg_signature = new Wysiwyg('content_save_edit', 'signature', $mypages['signature']);

I just tried it. Works well. A couple of small bugs:

Ordered List (<ol>)

do not work.
They come with 0 for index.

The SPAW file manager reports:
Notice: Undefined variable: st in /home/gameandf/www/www/includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/plugins/spawfm/dialogs/spawfm.inc.php on line 569

Notice: Undefined variable: st in /home/gameandf/www/www/includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/plugins/spawfm/dialogs/spawfm.inc.php on line 574

Linux/Apache/5.0.45/9.1.2.1

I noticed another bug in Spaw. I was trying to enter a price like: ($200/year). When I save/reload the story, the price is reset to (0/year). As a work around I wrote: ($US 200/year).

Linux/Apache/5.0.45/9.1.2.1

OK, had to play around with this a bit to get it to work, so I figured I'd post my results here.

My site is installed in a subdirectory of the webroot:
/home/myuserid123/public_html/mydf/

I had to set the following in /includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/config/config.php

SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/myuserid123/public_html/'); SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_ROOT', '/home/myuserid123/public_html/mydf/includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/'); SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem('SPAW_DIR', '/mydf/includes/wysiwyg/SpawEditor/');

I also had to modify the uploads directory items:
// directories SpawConfig::setStaticConfigItem( 'PG_SPAWFM_DIRECTORIES', array( array( 'dir' => 'mydf/uploads/spaw/flash/', 'caption' => 'Flash movies', 'params' => array( 'allowed_filetypes' => array('flash') ) ), array( 'dir' => 'mydf/uploads/spaw/images/', 'caption' => 'Images', 'params' => array( 'default_dir' => true, // set directory as default (optional setting) 'allowed_filetypes' => array('images') ) ), array( 'dir' => 'mydf/uploads/spaw/files/', 'fsdir' => SpawConfig::getStaticConfigValue('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'spaw/uploads/files/', // optional absolute physical filesystem path 'caption' => 'Files', 'params' => array( 'allowed_filetypes' => array('any') ) ), ), SPAW_CFG_TRANSFER_SECURE );

replace /home/myuserid123 with BASEDIR?
replace mydf/ with MAINCFG sub path?

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I just installed the Spaw editor, no problems with the installation. It seems to work fine!

1/ If enter a relative image address, it adds to the specified path so that the image cant be found. An edit of the html not using Spaw repairs this path, but it is annoying.

2/ If I want to re-edit a page already created and select Spaw, I get a blank page. When I select 'none' for the wysiwyg editor the html miraculously appears.

Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me being thick and failing to follow the instructions Rolling Eyes

Like adventure, visit www.irvinescotland.co.uk

CentOS Apache_2.0 Mysql_5.0 PHP_5.2 Dragonfly_9.1

#1 - I've only used Spaw's built-in image upload/selection - any reason not to use that?
#2 - that's related to my edits above to Wysiwyg() calls

What module(s) are you using Spaw for?

#2 - that's related to my edits above to Wysiwyg() calls

Thanks, that's fixed it. It was just me being thick and failing to read the instructions. Embarassed

What module(s) are you using Spaw for?

I am using it in the enhanced content modules. I want to build a series of extreme sport FAQ's that my site members to contribute to. Twisted Evil

#1 - I've only used Spaw's built-in image upload/selection - any reason not to use that?

None what so ever. It was just that in my usual bullish fashion, I had written my own basic content modules and as a result already had the images I wanted in the root images file. When I saw the enhanced content module in rosbifs post on a similar subject, I thought there I go re-inventing the wheel again Embarassed

Like adventure, visit www.irvinescotland.co.uk

CentOS Apache_2.0 Mysql_5.0 PHP_5.2 Dragonfly_9.1

I have also successfully managed to install Spaw now. The problem I have is that the align option for images does not "make it" to the finals post: It looks ok in the actual editor. But when you hit preview or submit the news then the inserted image will be displayed above the text again and not next to it (text won't float around the image).

I can also confirm that there are some issues with editing an already posted news items. Often the whole text is "locked" and I cannot edit anything. Many times I cannot change the Font style or font size unless I delete the whole text and re-enter it.

Has anyone else had similar problems and found a way to solve them?

Linux 2.6.17.8/MySQL: 4.1.22/PHP: 4.4.8/DF: 9.2.1.1

I had the same problem with an image the other day - even manually edited the html to try to float the image left - ended up just leaving it.

I've had to add a space to the end of a line or something similar to "unlock" an existing text to edit it. ie - edit post, select line, hit delete, nothing happens..

I have successfully installed SPAW and like it very much.

Small issue/question. In the process of determining what "news" editor to use, I also installed FCK. When I try to switch to FCK, nbb or none and click "change" it always goes back to SPAW.

Any suggestions or ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks!

.m@.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. " - Albert Einstein

{GoDaddy Hosted} Linux/ 1.3.33 / 5.0.45 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.2.1

Same issue as above, when trying to return to BBCode the page will refresh and return to Spaw?

Also when creating a Link it seems to create the wrong code:

Incorrect URL from Spaw
<a href="www.sorcon.co.uk" title="www.sorcon.co.uk"></a>

Corrected URL
<a href="http://www.sorcon.co.uk/">www.sorcon.co.uk</a>

Update: Just checked the pitcher site which has the Spaw Editor, the link has the same effect so must be a bug. The Editor Selector works on that site, any ideas why a few of us have this issue ?

Linux, Apache 1.3.29, MySQL 4.0.20, PHP 4.3.10, 9.x