Support ⇒ phpBB ⇒ phpBB (2.0.21/22) --> 9.1.1 ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly phpBB

phpBB (2.0.21/22) --> 9.1.1 Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next

Chewie wrote
I'm installing Dragonfly for the first time and trying to use the conversion tool ZarkWizard so kindly provided above to transfer over my phpbb 2.0.21 forums. I have category hierarchy installed on my forums. The first attempt I made did some strange stuff including reordering some of the topics into different categories. I also lost all the topics which were links, all sub-categories, and my DF admin account. I found the answer to the last issue was to make sure that the admin user name on the forums is not the same as the one on your DF installation. I could care less about losing the links. So far as the subcategories go, I went back to my original forums and edited all the sub-categories to make them all regular categories and tried again on a fresh installation of dragonfly (including dumping the database). However, it still reordered the topics/categories and didn't transfer any of the categories which were originally sub-categories. Can anyone suggest a method for manually transferring over the remaining categories?

If you had something that messed with the categories or did something funky with the tables you might have to do some mods to the conversion routines yourself.

While I didn't have a vanilla phpbb install there were some things I lost like file attachments etc.. but I considered it a small price to pay, and I knew there was no way I would be able to retain it easily, nor would it be compatible with the majority.

I retuned the old conversion routines to work with 9.1.1, and thats about it. I figured he had all the base tables in there, and for the most part it worked.

You may have to do extra fine tuning to retain oddities within your tables if you want them converted, or else you just have to go in later and move topics or whatever that you wanted to be elsewhere.

Good luck.

Regards,

Zark Wizard

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

Yeah, I'm not so worried about the reordering of the categories and topics, but other than starting all over again, is there a way to simply import specific forum topics which were missed on the initial conversion?

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

I'm trying to run this now, and when I get to the automated.php page, it goes through everything very fast, says it's successful, but when I look at the databases, they haven't changed. I haven't had a chance to dig into the scripts much yet, but if I find out what's causing the problem, I'll let you know.

Yes, I did edit the config.php Wink

Debian/Apache2.2.3/5.0.32/5.2.0-10/9.1.2.1

Seems like it's a problem with the database class. For example, if I edit phpbb_config.php and add a print_r($row) after the line $row=$dbp->sql_fetchrow($result);

The page doesn't show any contents for $row.

Are you relying on register_globals being on? If I copy the first 6 lines from cleannuke.php into automated, they work. Leaving them in the original files, they fail.

I'll play with it a little further and let you know.

yeah, seems like the db connection is expiring, by moving the includes and dbp/dbn creation to the top of cleannuke.php it fired properly.

I'd dig into what php setting is causing it to fail on my end, but it's late. If I have time later I'll see what I can find.

Actually it looks like the problem is with the mysql pconnect, I know I was having a problem with this one at work a while back, and had never been able to get it to stay persistent across a session, may be related.

I ended up using the phpbbconvert.php page instead, but I did find a number of fields in the user conversion that did not exist in Dragonfly such as user_session_page and user_sig_bbcode_uid. Any ideas why my version of dragonfly doesn't have these?

It's possible I'm an idiot, but can someone direct me to where I can download this utility?

Thanks!

CentOS 4.4/Apache 2.0.52/MySQL 4.1.20/PHP 4.3.9/CPGNuke 9.1.2.1

NM. Once I was not anonymous I was able to see the download block.

CentOS 4.4/Apache 2.0.52/MySQL 4.1.20/PHP 4.3.9/CPGNuke 9.1.2.1

Hello Friends,
I am planning to do the conversion too and I downloaded the converter to read the instructions - there are not much in there to read. So for those who had done it before, can answser these qeustions:

Can I convert phpBB data on top of what I have on my Drangonly forum or I can only do conversion when my Dragonfly forum is not set up? Can the forum categories be converted too? Basically what is the prep work I have to do on my Dragonfly before I do the conversion.

Since Dragonfly is an awesome CMS and many people run their forums on phpBB, I think more people will convert theirs to Dragonfly if there are easy and secured way to do. I have one website on Drangonfly and trying to convert the other one from phpBB to Dragonfly again. A Big thump up for the Dragonfly development team.

RC heli hobby: www.rchelicoptertown.com
Khmer Community: www.angkorthom.us

Mysql 5.1.41/php 5.2.5/CPGNuke 9.2.1

I had a similar issue with Cryolithic in that conversion was sporadic and only worked once I used phpbbconvert.php file directly. Furthermore, although it appears that all settings moved over as well as forum categories ... all users are missing. The user groups are there but not the individual users. I have no print out of any errors so tracking this is becoming difficult Sad

This is hosted at HostGator.com and they are using Apache 1.3/PHP 4.4.4/MySQL 4.1.2 with Global Registers & Magic both enabled (much to my dismay). I currently have a fresh DF9.1.2.1 install up and running and am coming from a long standing phpBB 2.0.22 forum (with no hacks).

I realize its troubleshooting half blind but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Linux Kernal 2.6.17.11/1.3.37/4.1.22/4.4.4

In order to use the convertor, do I have to phpbb and Drangonfly on the same domain?

Do it on your localhost and then upload it to your servers!

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

Tcheekin wrote
I had a similar issue with Cryolithic in that conversion was sporadic and only worked once I used phpbbconvert.php file directly. Furthermore, although it appears that all settings moved over as well as forum categories ... all users are missing. The user groups are there but not the individual users. I have no print out of any errors so tracking this is becoming difficult Sad

This is hosted at HostGator.com and they are using Apache 1.3/PHP 4.4.4/MySQL 4.1.2 with Global Registers & Magic both enabled (much to my dismay). I currently have a fresh DF9.1.2.1 install up and running and am coming from a long standing phpBB 2.0.22 forum (with no hacks).

I realize its troubleshooting half blind but any suggestions would be appreciated.

i facing the same prob as well, wonder any update on how to tacke this lost users issues?

tq

CatchImran wrote
Do it on your localhost and then upload it to your servers!

Thanks for the hints. I didn't think about that.