Support ⇒ phpBB ⇒ phpBB (2.0.21/22) --> 9.1.1 ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly phpBB

phpBB (2.0.21/22) --> 9.1.1 Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next

You are welcome. I too had forgotten about the localhost thing not so long ago in the past! Now I am actively testing new stuff on it without any hassles.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

One more question to those who have done it before. After you run the converter, is your old site Phpbb left unchanged? I asked just in case things don't work out with the conversion, I at least still have old Phpbb forum before the resolution is being figured out.
Thanks again.

RC heli hobby: www.rchelicoptertown.com
Khmer Community: www.angkorthom.us

Mysql 5.1.41/php 5.2.5/CPGNuke 9.2.1

Well I answered by own question by going ahead and do it - the Phpbb database is left unchanged but my funny issue is everything went well. It only took about 2 seconds and I got "conversion complete!
Please go into your CPGnuke system and control if everything is ok!"

However, nothing was converted except it wiped out all the users in the Dragonfly dababase. Does anybody have any suggestion?

I tried on another website and I got the same result. It seems like the conversion tool only works for the clean up part as everything in the Drangonfly got wiped out but nothing transferred from Phpbb. No error message or anything. I am converting Phpbb 2.0.21 to 9.1.2. Anyone has any alternative? I like to to be able to use Dragonfly so I don't want to give up so soon.

vincentho wrote
Tcheekin wrote
I had a similar issue with Cryolithic in that conversion was sporadic and only worked once I used phpbbconvert.php file directly. Furthermore, although it appears that all settings moved over as well as forum categories ... all users are missing. The user groups are there but not the individual users. I have no print out of any errors so tracking this is becoming difficult Sad

This is hosted at HostGator.com and they are using Apache 1.3/PHP 4.4.4/MySQL 4.1.2 with Global Registers & Magic both enabled (much to my dismay). I currently have a fresh DF9.1.2.1 install up and running and am coming from a long standing phpBB 2.0.22 forum (with no hacks).

I realize its troubleshooting half blind but any suggestions would be appreciated.

i facing the same prob as well, wonder any update on how to tacke this lost users issues?

tq

Any update on this prob? I still haven't got the way out... Sad

Converters are precious tools and atm we have a lack of them. However everyone could try to convert to DragonflyCMS 9.0.6.1 first and then to the latest version.

dragonflycms.org/Downl...t=263.html

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I did try to use the converter to convert from phpbb to dragonfly and all it did was delete all my users and forums on dragonfly nothing was ported over. Does anyone have a fix for this? I would greatly appreciate. I would love to move all the info over to my new dragonfly forums.

MySQL 4.0.16/PHP 4.4.1/CMS Version 9.1.2.1

I've got exactly the same problem on my local testsystem. I maked a database save from the live phpbb2 (2.0.22) system and imported it on my local database - the same like my dragonfly 0.9.1.2.1 installation - and run the converter.

It deleted all datas on the DF System, but no forum or user data. but, sorry correction. the categories in the forum are there, but no thread and no user.

I also tried it with an 9.0.6.1 installation, but i can't install it on mysql 5.

So i have only this chance and hope for a solution or workaround, because for me it seemed so that there are many people with exactly the same problem.

greetings,
cattie

p.s.: sorry for my grammatically catastrophally english - i'm from austria and used english in the last few years not very often. Wink

Kubuntu 7.04 / Apache2.2.3 / MySQL 5.0.38 / PhP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly Core 9.1.2.1

Mhm.... i'm a dumb... in the title of the thread still standing phpBB (2.0.21/22) --> 9.1.1

I still tried it with 9.1.2.1 and wondered about it. Now i've installed 9.1.1 and make big eyes, all categories, all threads and also the user are there.

Now i should only look about the special carakter like '^öäü and so on....

But... it would be nice, if the converter could trans in future to 9.1.2.1. also. Wink

And now.. good night.

Kubuntu 7.04 / Apache2.2.3 / MySQL 5.0.38 / PhP 5.2.1 / Dragonfly Core 9.1.2.1

So, does this work with 9.1.2.1 ? Or is it a case of try it and see?

Linux 2.6 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.10 / PHP 5.2.1 / CMS 9.1.2.1

Well, I tried it out and it appears to have worked flawlessly. All users xferred, all permissions were intact, and all posts present and correct.

I converted from a vanilla phpBB 2.0.22 -> Dragonfly 9.1.2.1

Thanks for this!

Linux 2.6 / Apache 1.3.37 / MySQL 4.1.10 / PHP 5.2.1 / CMS 9.1.2.1

I get this error after conversion:

"Could not get theme data for themes_id [2]"

I've tried three versions of Dragonfly now. The conversion seems to function, but I can't get past this. I can't configure Forums. Is this a holdover from the old database?

Jenni

Linux / 1.3.37 / 4.1.22 / 4.4.6 / 9.1.2.1

Okay, so I used phpMyEdit and created two more cms_bbtheme entries pointing to copies of SubSilver. Now I can access things.

The Users database did not come over, however. The forums are there in description only (no actual messages), and I have zero users. As advised earlier in this thread, I'm using 9.0.6.1. phpBB should have been the latest.

The utility says to change your browser timeout; where do I do this? I cannot find a setting for this.

Jenni

So, I found a timeout editor at: www.canadiancontent.ne...Tuner.html

Regardless, the automatic convert stops at:

"Exporting phpbb_search_wordmatch to cms_bbsearch_wordmatch"

and goes no farther.

anyone try to convert from Phpbb 2.0.23

Dragonfly 9.2