Miscellaneous ⇒ Search Engines :: Archives ⇒ Only parts of my site gets indexed by Yahoo & Google - Why? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexSearch Engines

Archived ⇒ Only parts of my site gets indexed by Yahoo & Google - Why?

On one of my installs of DF I have noticed that even though I see the spiders from Google and Yahoo crawling all over my site all the time they will not index posts at my forum, my gallery and some of my add on modules like jokes etc.

On the other hand my news are picked up very quickly by both Google and Yahoo when new stuff are added. My site is 3 years old so SE's have had plenty of time to index it.

I haven't touched antyhing on the robots.txt that came with the DF installation but I have edited the meta.php file with my own key words.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Anyone having the same problem?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2

The answer really is very obvious - if we can't see your Dragonfly site, how can the search engines index it?

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
The answer really is very obvious - if we can't see your Dragonfly site, how can the search engines index it?

The site I am talking about is not the one on my profile here. I have others and I don't want to link to this one here since it is of somewhat adult style content. This one does not have a passwd protected gateway.

If I was talking about the one in my profile here then news would not be indexed either, right? Cool

Linux 2.4.28 - Linux srv60 2.6.12.6 / Apache / 4.0.22 - 4.1.22 - 5.0.22 -5.0.32 / 4.3.11 - 4.4.2 - 4.4.4 - 5.2.5 / 9.0.6.1 - 9.1.2.1 - 9.2.0.RC2