Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ phpBB :: Archives ⇒ Dual use of database?? phpbb & DF :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 phpBB ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Dual use of database?? phpbb & DF

Can it be done?

I guess my question is can I use phpbb as A mirror or the other way around?

So I could keep my phpbb forum as it is, and yet if someone signed up on the cms site, they could view the phpbb forum info and posts, but through the DF interface?

Does that make sense?

So, basically I want to leave the original phpbb forum as is. I need to do this as I am profiling the phpbb forum software.

To profile Dragonfly, I was planning on using one of my other sites, but being that it has an integrated forum based on the phpbb platform I came up with this idea.

So with Dragonfly CMS can it be set to use the tables and database of the phpbb forum, pretty much the whole thing except for the templates.

If someone signs up with either, they are signed up for both, can post in both but get a different experience depending on which part of the site they access from. Kindof like changing themes I guess.

Well let me know if this would be able to be done

My project is freehelpings.com, and I have mambo loaded, but don't make me use it Floor laughing

I can profile mambo from elseware.
Thanks.

OK I'm new to dragonfly, but it looks cool.
I have a compitition with visit.moosegal.com (mambo)
and snailrider.com soon to be dragonfly!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
php5mysq5

No edit or delete? Am I missing something?

OK I'm new to dragonfly, but it looks cool.
I have a compitition with visit.moosegal.com (mambo)
and snailrider.com soon to be dragonfly!

php5mysq5

There's a preview button - edit and delete have been terribly abused in the past so most forums don't have that ability.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF