Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ 9.1.2.1 Upgrade - Security Error - Bad Link :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ 9.1.2.1 Upgrade - Security Error - Bad Link

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem after upgrading to 9.1.2.1 yesterday. I now cannot use any of the links to edit preferences in Admin - General (main settings, security etc) without encountering the "Security Error - You tried to access this page through a bad link."

I did not use the browsers back button - so that it isn't the issue. Would it have been one of the themes that I had on my site (I was using 5minds' clean green theme as my site theme).

Any ideas??

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux /Apache 1.3.33/MySQL 4.1.11/ PHP 4.4.0/ Dragonfly 9.1.2.1

I finally got this yesterday. I still can't work out exactly what happened. My first suspect was that the theme was responsible but that wasn't it. (It also was limited to me, someone else was adminning the same site at the same time and didn't have a problem.)

This site was in a subdomain, and it was fixed after I deleted both its cached files, and the cached files of the DF site that was in the root.

Diagon Alley - Top Design

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.21-standard/4.4.4/9.1.1

I tried deleting the cached files yesterday but will try that again today and see if I have some luck. Fingers crossed.

Still no luck. I deleted the cached files again. Ended up trying to reinstall the 9.1.2.1 again and I still have the same problem. Sad Wah. Any ideas?

Did you delete your browser cache and the cookies you got from your site? (Try these and deleting site cache all at the same time, then log back in.)

Yes, unfortunately I have already tried that and no luck. I still get the following error whenever I try to change something in the admin menu.

Security Error
You tried to access this page through a bad link...

[ Home ] [ Go Back ]

BTW, If you try to register at your site... You get the same error.

I have the same problem.

.m@.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. " - Albert Einstein

{GoDaddy Hosted} Linux/ 1.3.33 / 5.0.45 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.2.1

Here is the topic I have open for security error.
dragonflycms.org/Forum...19187.html

.m@.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. " - Albert Einstein

Please update your bookmarks - this is dragonflycms.org and has been for couple of years now.

To remedy the issue, try logging out and in again.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Bookmarks updated mea culpa

Logging out and in, clearing cache both server side and client side. No difference.

.m@.

Well, in that case, maybe a file is corrupted or template is missing - re-upload the files from the distribution (excluding install etc.).

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
To remedy the issue, try logging out and in again.

I've tried that many, many times already. No luck. Doesn't matter what I do - I keep getting the same error. I'm still searching through files to make sure that everything copied over and I haven't found a missing one yet.

I reinstalled again. Still same problem - so have no clue yet. Sad

Is it a parked domain of someone that already has a DF install in the root?

No, there is no other DF in the root. I've had dragonfly installed on this server and my domain since December 2005 and this is the first time I have ever had this problem. It coincided with upgrading to 9.1.2.1 - before that everything seemed to be running smoothly. So I am completely stumped.

fixing this broken image stadfeld.com/themes/5m.../offer.jpg will most likely fix your problem.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS