Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ 9.1.2.1 Upgrade - Security Error - Bad Link :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ 9.1.2.1 Upgrade - Security Error - Bad Link

Ok have the web developer for ff.... I will "unhack" the security. What are you looking for and where? I don't have any idea what info you would like. Thanks

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
{GoDaddy Hosted} Linux/ 1.3.33 / 5.0.45 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.2.1

You only need to right click on the web page and select from the menu Web Developer -> Images -> Find Broken Images.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I searched for broken images on the admin->settings page 0 broken.

I also checked both pages of the registration process, also 0 broken images.

.m@.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. " - Albert Einstein

{GoDaddy Hosted} Linux/ 1.3.33 / 5.0.45 / 4.3.11 / 9.1.2.1

I am getting the exact same "You tried to access this page through a bad link..."

I commented out line 27 and was able to turn off maintence mode however an still cannot edit any module without getting the "You tried to access this page through a bad link..."

I did all the suggestions in this thread with no luck on all the new installs, re downloaded a new copy each time also.

Fresh install, 4 times today same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated Big grin

Debian/Apache2/MySQL 4.1.15-Debian/PHP4 4.4.2-1build1/9.1.1

Problem solved

I was able to bring the site live on a server and found

arrow.png
arrowbg.gif

Were missing from the themes so I added a 1x1 white pixel to take up the position

No errors now

Big grin

Debian/Apache2/MySQL 4.1.15-Debian/PHP4 4.4.2-1build1/9.1.1

I just did a completely fresh install for a new client. Sure enough this is the first issue I ran into. How in world could 2 missing images take out such an important feature like administration. It took out most of my admin options. As soon as I popped those 2 missing images in there voila, works perfectly now.

Someone should update the current zip with the images. They are not included in either the /themes/default folder or /themes/dragonfly folder.

I was able to successfully pull them from this site's dragonfly theme though. www.DragonflyCMS.org/t.../arrow.png
www.DragonflyCMS.org/t...rrowbg.gif

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

yeap i moved them to our site themes .... our error log was 300Mib+ Very happy but, strangely, even if we had missing images we didn't have any "bad link" troubles.

I've also noticed this happens temporarily when going from main domain to sub domain even if the cookies are all different. :\

The only thing I could find the same is cookie server = 0. What's cookie server?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Wow, I had this problem back in 9.0.5. Sorry I wasn't available back then for posting here.

Missing icons found and plopped into place and no more problem.

Interesting. But...

WHY does this break your site you ask...excellent question...anyone?

Smile

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

As far I've seen it doesn't depend on the DragonflyCMS version used also
df.org had the same missing image as well but we never that that problem ...

I have no clue except if you are using some kind of browser plug-in or a proxy that are trying to cache other pages modifying the user session, because the issue is that the session has been modified.

How do 2 missing images modify a session? Going from a domain to subdomain ok I can kind of see but the latter issue didn't happen for me until last week. Where as the missing images are a known issue and they don't modify a session.

I think the issue lays with the new cache method. It seems like everything is cached instead of relying on database queries. I understand the need to speed things up but not at the sake of functionality. I realize it's just a bug but it's a major one because any new user is going to have this issue from what I'm seeing. I did a fresh install for a new client and their whole administration was borked because of this.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

djdevon3 I'm not able to reproduce it with or without images .... if I can put my hands on a broken site I'll be able to debug and to understand what happen. Till now I did everything I could to reproduce it with no luck.

You tried to access this page through a bad link...

It's all I get

K. Lets be more specific.

I tried a test install on my staging server at work, which uses a local mysql server without password.

DF 9121 does not install
Browsed fora for about 2 hours, not a single word is spoken about the fact that DF thinks a database MUST have a password for its user, but it turned out that its exactly that.

So, i installed it at the server it needs to be, one that uses users and passwords for the databases because it is a rented server.

Installation is complete.

Small victory but the happiness wears off in about 2 minutes

ANY action I trigger, be it installation of a module, switching maintanance to off, whatever, I get the text

I tried a different browser, I tried emptying cache, I even cleared my database and codebase and started from scratch.

It won't budge.

So. If anyone recognizes this, please help. I can find my way in Drupal code, but it took me 4 weeks to know all the ins and outs. I dont want to have to go through that learning curve again with DF; any help is appreciated.

On a side note; site admin;
Please kill the flood protection, or at least make it work as it should;
I was browsing the site and, since I know my way around fora, i kinda expect where next to click.
So i clicked and clicked on the next link and i got a screen Flood Protection. Wait 8 seconds. So i clicked back, assuming it would take me back to the previous screen, but noooo, it presented a warning with "wait 12 seconds or be banned"

I doubt the flood protection was meant to scare off new users.

Greetings and thanks for the help

Remon.

Linux / Apache2.2 / PHP5.2.3 / MySQL5.0.19 / DragonFly921 (public server) and Fedora Core 4 / Apache 2 / MySQL 4 / PHP 4 / Drupal 5.3 (private server)

rmpel welcome at board,

see if this helps
dragonflycms.org/Forum...tml#126364

And I thought I had read all the topic about this Razz

Thanks; my replies will be in that topic

Remon.

Linux / Apache2.2 / PHP5.2.3 / MySQL5.0.19 / DragonFly921 (public server) and Fedora Core 4 / Apache 2 / MySQL 4 / PHP 4 / Drupal 5.3 (private server)