Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ News Comments not working :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ News Comments not working

I've upgraded to the latest DF, but I'm having all sorts of problems. Most, I've allready solved, by changing collation of tables to utf-8.

Now, I've been experiencing troubles with the Shout block, wich was solved by editing the config to match the collation..

However, the comments to the news, don't work anymore. Preview is fine, but the comment is like this: ��/
No matter what I type. also, the username is a string of numbers and the date and time is borked.

Please, someone help me fix this, because this is very annoying.

I'll do some more testing, I'm sure some other things are broken aswell. A few of my users allready mailed me with the remark that they either can't login, or get "flood" messages all the time.

Help please!

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):

OMG!

I just got the message I was banned from this site.
What gives with the flood protection banning?!

Never seen this before, can you please tell me how to disable this horrid functionality.

And please, help me solve the problem I initially posted.

Thanks.

I'm not lost, I'm locationally challenged.
Don't you agree? God created some pretty good textures!
Proud admin of FokGuildwars.

Problem: the database ($prefix_comments) was:
tid pid sid name email ... date
Now it is:
tid pid sid date name email ...
You have to find a way to change a way to change this, I have done it with phpMyAdmin, export the table, edit the entries and re-import.

Klas
My mice Terri & Tracy

omg. I'm banned @ work now, from these forums.
I don't get it, I load a page, refresh, and then I get banned! Might be the proxy, or something, but could someone please fix it?!

Problem: the database ($prefix_comments) was:
tid pid sid name email ... date
Now it is:
tid pid sid date name email ...
You have to find a way to change a way to change this, I have done it with phpMyAdmin, export the table, edit the entries and re-import.

Will have to look into that tonight... Why would someone here change that, without notification?! How would I have ever found that out by myself Very sad

It's been "date name email" for a very long time, at least since and including 9.0.6.1.

Probably you just haven't checked your modules to see whether they need updating.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Phoenix wrote
It's been "date name email" for a very long time, at least since and including 9.0.6.1.

Probably you just haven't checked your modules to see whether they need updating.

Well isn't the news module part of the main software?
I don't understand, I followed the upgrade instructions...

Even though core, sometimes things change - just check in admin » modules, click edit for "News". I suggest you check all your core modules.

If you were running 8.2, you should have every expectation of radical changes. The advice you received from Klas was from an 8.2 user.

Actually, going back to 15 Feb 2004, cpgnuke8b, news structure has never changed. In any event, the structure order shouldn't matter (aside from tid), since queries should not be structured in that manner, so there may be an issue with an INSERT query, but that doesn't explain your incorrect table stcruture.

change line 377 of modules/News/comments.php to$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_comments (tid, pid, sid, date, name, email, url, host_name, subject, comment, score, reason) VALUES (DEFAULT, '$pid', '$sid', ".gmtime().", '$name', '$email', '$url', '$ip', '$subject', '$comment', '$score', '0')");which will resolve the problem with adding comments.

Phoenix wrote
Even though core, sometimes things change - just check in admin » modules, click edit for "News". I suggest you check all your core modules.

If you were running 8.2, you should have every expectation of radical changes. The advice you received from Klas was from an 8.2 user.

Actually, going back to 15 Feb 2004, cpgnuke8b, news structure has never changed. In any event, the structure order shouldn't matter (aside from tid), since queries should not be structured in that manner, so there may be an issue with an INSERT query, but that doesn't explain your incorrect table stcruture.

I fixxed it, by changing the old comments structure, in the database, to the one that was in the latest comments.

That fixed the problem.

FYI, I was upgrading from 9.0.6.1.

Ok, most of the problems have dissapeared.
But, the month value, is missing from the community forums modules.

It says stuff like this:

BerichtGeplaatst: 14 , 2007 11:20 Onderwerp: Re: Paragorn builds!

As you can see, it should be:

BerichtGeplaatst: 14, "March/04/whatever" 2007 11:20 Onderwerp: Re: Paragorn builds!

It's like that with new and old members. Anything I should do, besides upgrading the module? Wich I allready did btw.

Did you upgrade your language files?

Hi All,

A small question from a very happy DF user:
I have the same "comments" problem, as described in this topic, on my site. Last week I updated from 9.0.6.1 to 9.1.2.1. All sorts of small problems crossed my path. Ofcourse the UTF issue, the smilies order issue and other (third party) issues. Most of 'm are not that big a deal. The news comment problem however, is a big deal for me.

I've read through this topic a couple of times, but I'm having problems to determine where to start and what to do. I understand that I would have to change certain collumns in my CMS_comments table, but to what? Could somebody please be so kind to explain the steps to me?

I very much appreciate you helping me Smile

Kind regards,
Cameo

CentOS 4.3, MySQL 4.1.20, PHP 4.3.9, Dragonfly 9.1.2.1

Nevermind. I fixed it by changing the line, mentioned before, to a slightly different syntax:

line 377 of modules/News/comments.php should be:

WRONG CODE REMOVED BY NANO LOOK PHOENIX CODE INSTEAD

Might help somebody else who's puzzling like me in future. Wink

Btw: Never had to fix anyting in the tables. Only the script.

Cheers,
Cameo

CentOS 4.3, MySQL 4.1.20, PHP 4.3.9, Dragonfly 9.1.2.1