Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ Converting just users/forum messages :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Converting just users/forum messages

Is there any way to just move over the users and forums from a phpnuke system into a clean install of dragonfly. I can't get through the automatic conversion from phpnuke 7.6 so I was wondering if it would be possible to just do a clean install and then move my users and and forums over. I don't really care about the modules and stuff, and my phpnuke installation is patched and generally kind of crappy so I don't really care to preserve anything besides users and forums.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/Apache 2.0.63/MySQL 5.0.81/PHP 5.2.6/Dragonfly 9.2.1

Good question indeed and it kind of forced me to do some research. I haven't tried any of what I am going to tell you but it probably seems to be the best thing right now. I found this topic regarding some people looking for something similar except that they wanted to port everything. Here

cpgnuke.com/Forums/vie...20388.html

Your case is different therefore I have a really good way of doing this thing. Here it goes.

Firstly post all your data into phpBB forum by reading the post here

forum.diywebserver.com...c=3738.new

Then port it over into CPG Nuke using the Converter here.

dragonflycms.org/Forum...18761.html

The good thing about this is that it will help you get rid of all your Modules and stuff and complete your porting really nicely. Tell me if that helps.

Cheers.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1