Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ IIS Specific Issues :: Archives ⇒ Strange login problem (also cookie related) :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexIIS Specific Issues

Archived ⇒ Strange login problem (also cookie related)

Ok i searched this forum first for some solutions but i can't find any that fixed my problem. So i will just start a new post.

My dragonfly is version 9.0.6.1 hosted on a Windows 20003 server at Brinkster. My site has been working fine for almost 2 years or so. Now lately i started to having login problems.

"Please enable cookies to post on this site. If you feel you have reached this message in error please refresh the preceding page once and post again"

When i try to login to the admin page that seemed to work, but it simply will not let me logout anymore. I keep getting stuck in the admin area. It seems like its some weird kind of caching going on.

I requested a IISRESET by brinkster, to see if that would solve it, since it started all out of the blue. No luck there. Considering it being a Windows box, i also requested a reboot, but, i am on a shared server, so they won't do that.

I started to fiddle with the cookie domain setting some and the SERVER_NAME setting to use as cookie, but no luck either. Weird enough my normal user login error changed, now i am able to login, but when i try to click on anything, like a forum post, or a simple link to the downloads, it tells me this is for registered users only, well that's correct, since i logged it.

Does anyone have a clue what this might be? Is there some sort of table i can empty that stores maybe data that needs to be flushed?

Personally i think Brinkster has changed something, since they have some serious probs lately with hackers. Not too long ago i received an email (all users did) to change the password, but credit card information was not compromised. Well that tell's me something. Maybe they even did a reinstall of the server and did it different than it was.

Well, any input is welcome, sorry for the long post.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Windows 2003 / MySQL 5.0.24a-community-nt / PHP 5.1.1/ CPG 9.0.6.1

Just some extra info.

I found this post

dragonflycms.org/FAQ/cat=13.html

I did create the page that's listed as:

B) Server admin has setup php.ini to auto-register a session.
You can check this thru the following script"

Once i request that page i get a page with a counter, after every refresh it tells me how many time i visited the page, so that seems to be going alright, if that's what suppose to happen that is.

Try to use a customized session_save_path just look at the last line on your config.php
Off course you need to be sure that folder exists and is within space.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I have tried that as well, no luck either. Confused

In the path that i assigned as session save path, these files appear.

sess_0a796f106f5235f358d853e5d26677c2

So i take it that's ok. Still a no go. I downloaded my entire dragonfly directory and database to a server at home. The same problem. I even tried installing a new database, but i just cant seem to get past the invalid cookie settings error when i try to run the installer. I am about to give up on this.

Have you made any changes to your site? ... like install a new module or a block or a theme?

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Just to let you know that the problem is fixed. I ended up replacing two new files. Config.php and index.php.

Wish i had found the debug option sooner, besides the one in the admin area, so i turned the full debug on in the config.php and that gave me some more useful information about the errors.

Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by index.php

About 3 weeks before all this started Brinkster had hacker problems. As it turned out they modified several pages, and put an inline frame in them. I removed those, and things were working fine, until 3 weeks later the problems started. Maybe things became (in)active again once the server was rebooted. I did not put a relation between these 2, since there were 3 weeks in between.

Anyways, its up and running, thanks everyone who tried to help, i appreciate it.