Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) :: Archives ⇒ [Solved] getting "attachment too big", although I raised the :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ [Solved] getting "attachment too big", although I raised the

When uploading any file (small 25K or 300K) thru the forums, it shows the error: The Attachment is too big. Max Size: -2147483648 Bytes

I have turned debug messages ON and nothing else shows on the screen.

This happens for all the users now, although it was working OK -I have less than 300 files already uploaded. I changed the privileges to the .../forums/ folder to 777 too.

I reviewed the quotas and I have raised all of them way high (2GB), and I'm not sure where to look or how to fix this.

thanks for your comments/suggestions.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux. Apache v1.3.36, MySQL v4.1.21, PHP v5.0.4, CPGdragonfly 9.0.6.1

Last edited by alejgonz on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

You already gave your answer
^

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Hi Maze, thanks for your comment... it may be obvious, however I don't know what's wrong, or what to do.

One favor, considering I'm a beginner, can you clarify what's going on and how I can solve it?

Thanks!

Maybe you used negative value somewhere? With minus(-), I'm not sure if DJ Maze thought that.

-

Yeah I think that way too. He has kind of marked if you can see properly, whereby there is a '-ve' Sign.

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

Thanks Eestlane and CatchImran for your comments.

I have reviewed all the numbers I entered (attachment quotas, quota limits) and all the values I entered are positive values (2048 for 2 GB basically in every value)

Could you elaborate as if there is any other potential place to look for this "-ve" number?

Note: if it helps to know that, this is affecting all the users.

Are you using Forums or Forums Pro?

Forums

I was thinking about cache. But as you said it is troubling all your users cache doesen't make sense. I should think about it and get back to you later today. Just try clearing your cache folder. It is a vague hit but try it. Might work. Do not delete the .htaccess file however.

By the way can I get a link to your website if possible. The one that you have given in your profile runs on Joomla.

it is registered users only, so you won't be able to see much... www.raspirit.com/raspirit

One other thing is, if I use an admin user -at the same time, that's both normal user and admin user logged in- it posts the attachment OK.

I don't see any reason for you having any problems like this. There are a lot of people who are running 9.1.2.1 with ease. Also have you done a forum search? If somebody has had a problem, there should be a fix there.

Hi CatchImran... thanks for following up...

before posting this issue, I searched throughout the forums and I was not able to see anyone else with a similar issue.

I'll keep trying until I'm able to solve it, since I have 50+ people using the forum... thanks again!

Sorry I couldn't help you completely. I use Forums Pro and have been using it for months now.

I have a question. Answer it if you possibly can. Is there any specific reason that you are not using the domain and using a directory in turn for your site. Just curious you see.

if I understand correctly, in other words, why I use www.raspirit.com/raspirit, instead of simple using the root directory?

Assuming that's your question, it is simply because I installed a couple of different things on various subdirectories (test environment, other forums for testing purposes).

Right now, and for almost a year, I have used dragonfly only... however, and back to my original post; it was working OK and now it's displaying the
The Attachment is too big. Max Size: -2147483648 Bytes
error.