Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ RaidNinja and Dragonfly ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

RaidNinja and Dragonfly Reply to topic

So I was looking for a really good raid calendar to use with my WOW guild website (wowlegionofhonor.com). I tried the CPGNuCalendar, and it was ok, but not really raidlike. I tried phpRaid/phpRaider, but they do not work with DF, and honestly I really never liked them in the past. I tried a couple other things, and stumbled upon RaidNinja.

Now, as far as I can tell, RaidNinja IS NOT DF ready, but the newest version DOES include a very nice logon module for DF (and others), that is setup during the install process. I was VERY impressed with how smooth it all went. The only problem I did have was when I selected the admin user in the initial install screens. After setting up the logon settings, it will give you a list of userID(from DF) and you choose who should be the main admin. DO NOT choose the superadmin from DF!! Choose another user for the admin account, like your main user account (I guess this is pretty normal).

There are no themes for RaidNinja, other than the dull theme it comes with. I changed the .css file a little bit to add my guilds banner instead of the RN thing. I may play around a little more to make it look more like the theme I'm using...We'll see.

The raid calendar itself is very nice, I think. Easy to use, easy to understand...easy to administrate. I may start working on a way to port this over to DF so it is seemless, as right now I have a new window open for it. I'd love to have it turn into a DF module. I guess I'll have to see if my one semester of c++ will come in handy!! I'll keep ya'll posted...I'll probably spend today getting working on it.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux 2.6.23.13-grsec-sg1/Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)/MySQL 5.0.45-community-log/DF 9.2.1

why not take the superuser ?

atm looking into using this one, so just curious since u dont give a reason.

and I would love a df module of it too, but I dont have any knowledge on how to do so I hope the best that u can Smile

I gladly test it tho Wink

Debian/Apache 2.2.4/MySQL 5.0.45/PHP 5.2.2/9.2

petrakid wrote
The only problem I did have was when I selected the admin user in the initial install screens. After setting up the logon settings, it will give you a list of userID(from DF) and you choose who should be the main admin. DO NOT choose the superadmin from DF!! Choose another user for the admin account, like your main user account (I guess this is pretty normal).

I was good until I got to this part of the install. It did not show ANY names in my list.

Linux OS/Apache v1.3.34/MySQL v4.0.25-Standard/PHP v4.4.1/CPGNuke v9.0.6.1

I too am having issues with the install on this one. It works fine standalone, but doesn't seem to want to play nice with DF.

FreeBSD 4.7 on a virtual machine / Apache and Apache2 / MySQL 4.1.11 / PHP 4.3.8

OK, made it work fine by doing a dragonfly install of raidninja, and wrapping it in an iframe so it can be shown as a module.

It pulls the login info from the DF cookie when users login to the site, and uses that info for raid signup, pretty slick.

FreeBSD 4.7 on a virtual machine / Apache and Apache2 / MySQL 4.1.11 / PHP 4.3.8

Anyone had the problem that in DF doesn't have the classes tied to the account so it always states you are uneligible to sign up.

CENTOS 5.9 i686 virtuozzo Kernel 2.6.32-042stab076.8 / Apache 2.2.24 / My SQL 5.1.70-cll/ PHP 5.3.25/ CMS 9.3.3.1

PresumedEvil wrote
OK, made it work fine by doing a dragonfly install of raidninja, and wrapping it in an iframe so it can be shown as a module.

It pulls the login info from the DF cookie when users login to the site, and uses that info for raid signup, pretty slick.

i am wondering how you got it to play nice with DF, i have it working with the login, and its showing the the chars from my DF roster but you said you included it as a module, please explain in detail, thanks

5.1.1, 9.2.1

Whoa sorry guys, it's been a while since I replied. My guild broke up and I put all this aside until now.

I don't remember why I didn't use the superuser - I'm in a new guild now and I'm setting up yet another website, and I'm going to include raid ninja with it. Maybe there's been some advancements since last I checked. I have NOT worked on porting it to DF, sorry - no time.

Linux 2.6.23.13-grsec-sg1/Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)/MySQL 5.0.45-community-log/DF 9.2.1

I would like to use Raid Ninja as well.. anyone got any progress on this?

WinXP/1.3.34/4.1.21/5.2.4/9.2

I have not. I am using GEMphp instead, as it seems to work seemlessly with the CMS. I like raid ninja, but they have so few, if any, good themes, and I really would like to see a calendar view included with it.