Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Is there a module that will display the DPS from ACT on site :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Is there a module that will display the DPS from ACT on site

I was wondering if anyone has come across, or seen a module that will display the DPS read out from a parsing program like ACT ?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
WinXP

What?

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Same here!

Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

I play EQ2 and I use ACT DPS parser. I was wondering if there was a block or an application that could be used for ACT to send up DPS information to the site so anyone could see the latest DPS ratings from the last battle.

WinXP

EQ2 I think your talking about that 'rootkit Sony' product 'Evercrack^H^H^H^H^Hquest 2'?

Sorry I'm not 'up' on these terms, even tho I was EQ betatester for several years, I don't play the game. Don't like rootkits Wink

But since I still don't know what these acronyms are I figured I'd find out.

Ok ACT stands for 'Advanced Combat Tracker', and DPS is 'Damage Per Second'. In most online and/or real-time games combat is accessed by calculations that mimic most random encounters (die, cards, etc.) and calculate out all the bonuses and negatives based on unique items, and then assess the damage. This happens so quickly and constantly in a battle scenario that it's generally referenced as DPS or Damage Per Second. ACT parses and graphs data for the user.

From this I gather what you are looking for is something that talks ACT, or at the least has the ability to be a DPS parser.

So, specifically here your looking for a DF DPS parser module. But I think a block would do it, but maybe you want a module?

I mean the whole purpose of a block is to display some parsed information. So, if you want a raid's DPS displayed I think even with 50-100 folks it wouldn't be an outrageous block. Maybe you want a large block, and make it a center block, then it could still be a block.

So since ACT has this ability I quote from the features list, "Export all viewable data to HTML/XML files, then simply paste that URL and/or data directly into the block.

Do you need to keep persistent access to read this directly from the database on the fly? I couldn't imagine the performance issues with such a possibility. But a block maybe with an automatic 'refresh' built in would do the trick.

However real time data might require a read from the database and formatting it for output. I can see this much more applicable to a java app so you can unload all the processing onto the client, but again I'm not really sure just how much data your culling over time.

Just my thoughts for going the block route.

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Yes jeruvy that's what I had in mind. I know it's a feature of the combat tracker to export but I think it's a manual export of a file then you upload the code to a site. I'm looking for something that would have read the ACT information automatically (since i beleive it also has a log or an active db, and send it to a module or block dont care which.

However after looking into it I dont know if it's practical at all.

Thank you for looking into things tho Smile

WinXP