Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Themes v9 :: Archives ⇒ [solved] xmlns validator errors? - themes out of date :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexThemes v9

Archived ⇒ [solved] xmlns validator errors? - themes out of date

TCD validation

It looks like something's changed globally across the web. I'm seeing the same xmlns error on just about every dragonfly site except this one. Can anyone explain how to fix this?

Line 3, Column 1: Missing xmlns attribute for element html. The value should be: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml. <html dir="ltr" lang="en"> ✉ Many Document Types based on XML need a mandatory xmlns="" on the root element. For example, the root element for XHTML will look like: <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

3rd line of themes/default/template/header.html

Something that module and theme developers should do is follow cvs mailing list.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

I'm not interested in cvs.

I'm extremely baffled why this error is appearing globally across all sites. Is there a simple answer you can offer without the need to sign-up for a mailing list?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

NanoCaiordo wrote
3rd line of themes/default/template/header.html

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.7 / PHP 7.3 / head

Is this on the W3C side like a global update that all servers have updated to or did something mess up in the DF update service. I don't see how it could affect all DF sites at once. I'm a little concerned by this as well as puzzled.

The referrer service page that most of us use no longer exists. It's been moved or ugpraded and doesn't look like there's a referrer service anymore. Just a page to input your url for checking. Has the web started moving to 1.0 overnight?

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Wow let's repeat 3 times that line 3 is the issue just like the validator says. Now we can all have cake and ice cream knowing that line 3 is causing the issue.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Line 3 of themes/default/template/header.html
<html dir="{S_TEXTDIR}" xml:lang="{S_LANGCODE}">

[CentOS release 4.6 (Final)] | [Apache 1.3.37] | [MySQL 4.1.21-standard-log (client: 4.1.21) | [PHP 4.4.7] | [DF 9.2.1] | [FPro 2.0.2]

OK I see what's wrong but why did this start happening all of a sudden?

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{S_TEXTDIR}" xml:lang="{S_LANGCODE}" lang="{S_LANGCODE}">

I'm still getting xml parsing errors due to this new issue too. Something to do with how the html tag is closed in footer.html

# Error Line 720, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: map line 28 and body .

</body></html>…

# Error Line 720, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 27 and html .

</body></html>

# Error Line 720, Column 14: XML Parsing Error: Premature end of data in tag html line 3 .

</body></html>

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

Nevermind, it was because I was using an area map for a corner banner. Even the <area> tag must now be closed with </area>. There's a lot of stuff happening here that has little documentation available through the validation service. I've tried looking up the errors in google too. Something happened overnight on the 24th that's affecting most servers. Like some new implementation of xml. I absolutely don't get why everything happened at once. So weird.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

It was always considered to be done.

-

Actually dragonflycms.org has a problem too:
The document is being served with the text/html Mime Type which is not a registered media type for the XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 Document Type. The recommended media type for this document is: application/xhtml+xml

-

I haven't used area map in years though so that's understandable.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11

I found somewhat resolution for xhtml 1.1 and mathml 2.0 doctype...
In includes/cmsinit.inc search for "Content-Type"(without quotes)
Comment out the line containing "Content-Type" and add to next line:
if (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"]) && stristr( $_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"], 'application/xhtml+xml') ) { header('Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8'); } else { header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); }

Open themes/your_theme/template/header.html and delete everything before <head>. Add to line before head:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{S_TEXTDIR}" xml:lang="{S_LANGCODE}">

-

Though mhmm... I really unreccommend using xml MIME type atm, because if there is ANY errorenous code on the page, you can´t see the page and get xml parsing error, which is a bit too bad.

-

Ah so there is another doctype declared in the core. That makes so much sense now. I'm not going to change it though you did some nice work finding and fixing it. I'm sure they'll put it in the next df version. I've fixed my sites and themes as much as I care to for now. I hate this whole mathml stuff. Seems like way too much bs to deal with right now.

Linux/1.3.33/4.4/4.3.11