Miscellaneous ⇒ Chit-Chat :: Archives ⇒ Request: Include dfaddons.com part of developer team here :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexChit-Chat

Archived ⇒ Request: Include dfaddons.com part of developer team here This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Let me first make it clear that this a topic in extension to one I came across DFAddons about the future of this CMS(I Love it). I have no inetntions of hurting any one's feelings or to offend someone. Just want to make this CMS the best in the world.

Ok let me now start off with what I think of it all. I appreciate what Nano and Phoenix have donw for this CMS. There are a lot of people who have been commenting over at DFAddons. My suggestion to Nano is to please include them in the developers team if possible. How about start giving them small tasks on which they can take care off. This will surely take the burden off the two lead deveopers present today and surely speed up things, a lot.

i have used a bit of Joomla and I liked it. But I know that it is so popular because it has a lot of developers sitting out there to do stuff. Can we replicate that here?

I am no Coder, just that I like organising stuff. That is all that I am trying here as well. Hoping for an answer soon from Nano or Phoenix(Both however will be a bonus)! Big grin

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/2.0.54 (Unix)/5.0.51/5.2.6/DragonflyCMS 9.2.1

Well whosoever modified the original topic name, Thank you. But this topic is a lot more than just including the DFAddons dev. team. It is about combining all the coders all around whoa re working in bits and pieces on this CMS and uniting them to work for the Project. What say?

Well catchimran, this is a very nice suggestion.
And your hope of creating a common ground and unity for one purpose is admirable.

However, if you use the search function you will find many threads where people can find out how to become a part of the team.

Here is the most recent:

dragonflycms.org/Forum...12706.html

Professionally skilled coders are always appreciated. Like applying for any job, theres process to go through. Wink

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Has anyone who posted in that thread offering their services been taken up on their offer?

Gaming League / Cup - www.leaguecms.co.uk :: Other DragonFly modules - www.cmsdreams.co.uk

did you read the thread?
tuta wrote
I would like to not feel like the only DocuMentor actually documenting. I would like more help from those in the group and not in the group...

His profile:
dragonflycms.org/Your_...e=978.html

Answer to your question, Yes! Many have come and gone for various reason.
Some donated time as they had it, others moved on to different projects.

Many are still helping today, they are not asking for ranking in this forum or to be publically admired.
Our own forum members help by posting bug reports, and alerting us of issues.

I see you had posted in the same thread. You may want to re-quote your original post (to bump it) if you are still interested.

Smile

Last edited by Mel on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Well the one @ DFAddons says another story. There are people who aren't completely convinced with the administration here. I don't much about the history but yes I have come across about something like this many times on many forums earlier. How about an open discussion including all on this topic right here, right now?

I got a WOW effect, it's called Déjà Vu (and not crappy vista) Smile

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Sorry DJ, But I couldn't get what you meant!

Well, if people are interested I have given the thread by which this can be done.

End of discussion for me.

I know how burdened Nano is with all the development work etc. All I want to say is now that most of the old developers are gone it isn't just to leave evrything on the shoulders of Nano and Phoenix. Let us rise above our personal egos to make this thing work. There is a lot to be done. Nano always replies by saying that it is in their roadmap(I know he is working overtime) but I seriously think that more the number of hands, the more the work will be done.

Here is the concerned topic

dfaddons.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=581.html

DJ Maze wrote
I got a WOW effect, it's called Déjà Vu (and not crappy vista) Smile

here we go again, dj... Rolling Eyes

CatchImran wrote
Sorry DJ, But I couldn't get what you meant!

There are many open source projects with 1 to many people developing it.
The designer(s) of such project started it because they wanted to share their product with many others who seek and want to use such project.

The people behind such project have some a state of mind about the project and in which direction such project should go forward.
If they listen and then obey the sound of a few people that dislike the direction or want to alter it, then another group of unsatisfied people will arise and want it back the old way or a totally different.

Instead, the people behind Dragonfly (and many other projects) stick to the ground and do what they believe is best for the project and the community as a whole.

They don't listen to people that say "if you don't do this i use Joomla", "my addon is superior and must be in the core" or "i dislike your attitude for not helping me".

Questions have been asked many times and also been answered many times.
We are not the people to google for you, you should learn to use google yourself.
It's not my fault that the answer to a question is given on page 30 of your google search and on page 1 of my search.

So what do you want from us?
Make Dragonfly bloated like php-nuke or keep it slik like, for example, Joomla?
Answer same question for the 30th time?
Do a search for you on the forums to find and reply the 30 answers?
Help you in learning PHP 5 OOP programming because there's gophp5.org that forces all hosts to upgrade before feb. 8 2008?
Help you setting up a (badly configured) server?
Keep replying that LAMP/WAMP sucks?
Let non-senior PHP programmers screw up the Dragonfly source?

As an example:
There are many people that use the Yapter template engine and the person who designed it stopped working on it.
Someone else took over the project because he liked the code and wanted to improve it.
How come they all say that they are PHP experts and never figured out that Yapter is slow and that i improved it's speed 30 times?
It's ignorant to ignore speed improvements but it isn't to ignore people that want to add additional stuff that slows it down again.

So yeah, Mel is right and gave the right answer by posting a link to that topic.
If you can show us some superior code that improves the speed of the Dragonfly CMS core in any way then you may help.
If you can't show us your skills then, being a member is just a status and not a benefit.

Imran: if someone wants to be a team member he should show his skills and not his drivers license while he's drunk.

DJ Maze wrote

If you can show us some superior code that improves the speed of the Dragonfly CMS core in any way then you may help.
If you can't show us your skills then, being a member is just a status and not a benefit.

Don't forget the code must be secure not a sloppy hack job Very Happy

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal <= Yeah what he said