Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ File and Database Backup :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ File and Database Backup

I am looking to install a block or module or simple PHP script that allows for one-click database and file backup. I realize I can easily do database backups from within phpMyAdmin if need be, and there are also plenty of little installable apps that will do the same thing. I'm having more trouble with the file backup part of it.

I essentially want to be able to gzip my entire html directory and MySQL database periodically (ideally on a timed schedule), and then set a local job on my computer to reach out and grab those files.

Unfortunately, I "rent" webspace so don't have the ability to run a cron job. I also have a PHP Memory Limit of 32M, which means ideally the backup should be able to be done in pieces, else it risks timing out. I had been trying out phpMyBackupPro, but apparently the file backup function is directly tied to the FTP transfer ability, something my server doesn't allow.

I don't suppose anyone knows of something out there that might work? I've been searching for weeks and haven't found anything useful yet.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Unix/1.3.36/4.1.21/4.4.4/9.1.2.1

A simple method would be to use the cron job to build a backup into a (password protected, but now I'm thinking DAV, LDAP, or Kerberos so back to simply) a directory, and then use a simple 'wget www.example.com/dir/si...up.tar.gz'

Wget is available on most flavors of linux and windows, probably Mac too Wink

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}