Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ CPG-BB (forum) :: Archives ⇒ Modding Forums to allow group to move posts :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks CPG-BB (forum) ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Modding Forums to allow group to move posts

Can anyone give me some pointers on where's I'd start in the forums code if I wanted to allow a certain group the ability to just move posts around? Setting a moderator is not an option.

I'm looking for what files and what areas of those files I should start with in order to do a mod.

Basically I want to create a second type of moderator. I guess thats the best way to describe it.

[Edited for super clarity]

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Unix / 2.0.46 (Red Hat) / 0.9.7a / 4.1.9-standard / 4.3.2 / 9.0.6.1

Last edited by spacebar on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

you shouldn't start with no files. just give that group moderator rights in forum permissions

Multiple Setups

What Dizfunkshunal said.

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Evil or Very Mad

If there is anyone reading this with any sort of patience and can resit the standard DragonFly/DJMaze group think of replying to posts with useless and or cryptic one liner responses, feel free to chime in...

I need to have one group of user with the ability to JUST MOVE a post. Not edit, not delete... just move. Not the standard mod privileges.

Can I do that with the forums the way it is? I am unaware of how.

I have moderators who can do everything. I want to keep them the same. I want a subset of those moderators with just the ability to move posts around limited to certain parts of the forums.

I have been running DF for years and have a very active 4000 member site. I'm not some fricking idiot.

Answer: as forums are at this moment no you cannot just give a group the ability to move posts only.
Notes:
1. you did not specify you only wanted to give "move" rights only.
2. No one said or thinks you are an idiot

Multiple Setups

Dizfunkshunal wrote
Answer: as forums are at this moment no you cannot just give a group the ability to move posts only.
Notes:
1. you did not specify you only wanted to give "move" rights only.
2. No one said or thinks you are an idiot

Spacbar wrote
Can anyone give me some pointers on where's I'd start in the forums code if I wanted to allow a certain group the ability to move posts around?

I'm looking for what files and what areas of those files I should start with.

Ok dude. Its all good. Thanks for you help.

Can someone familiar with the forums code point me in the right direction of what files to look at in order modify them to allow people in a group to just be able to move posts?

I've been looking at this and have some ideas. Perhaps by making a new mod_cp screen, I could do this.

Anyone have any other ideas?