Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ PHP-Nuke :: Archives ⇒ Raven-Nuke -----> DF 9.1.2.1 :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Switch from X to Dragonfly v9 PHP-Nuke ⇒ Archives

Archived ⇒ Raven-Nuke -----> DF 9.1.2.1

Anyone tried to convert Raven-nuke to Dragonfly yet??

If so please let me know. I'm having the usual problems, fields in tables not found, I added them in as suggested and got the installer to run the table changes.I then received the coppermine error about setting the unistall flag (field not found).

I've seen that people upgrade to a lower version of df then upgrade the df install to 9.1.2.1. However I have also seen a warning that this could cause future problems. Anyone know a bit more about what the "future problems" could be as I need to assess the risks. Else I will have to script the conversion which will take me quite a while as I'm slow Embarassed

All I want to keep are the users and the forums posts, but to be honest even the post's I can cut and paste back in as there is a lot of stuff that I wont need. If you can advise me on how to keep juse users that would do nicely.

Just so you know, I do understand php, but only at beginer level and the same goes for SQL.

Thanks in advance.

Cyb.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/?/?/PHP5/9.1.2.1

At the moment, the CVS Snapshot has addressed many past issues, so you could experiment with that and see if it's any better.

Please bear in mind that CVS is not necessarily stable but just now I believe it is safe to use. Current CVS includes some dramatic changes that will affect your themes, so you need to use the default theme for now, or one of several we have recently converted.

Of course, I expect you will do this in a subdirectory or subdomain using a copy of your database.

Recovering your user and forums databases is a reasonable expectation.

Thanks Phoenix, I dont mind it not being too stable, it's for a World of Warcraft guild site, so no commercial problem regarding loss of income etc.

I'll take the opportunity to give this a go, hopefully it'll work and if so I will keep it and support the efforts by helping with any bugs.

I love the look and feel of the system so far, I tested a clean install for a few weeks so lets see how our small memberbase (150ish) likes it.

I'll post the results here later tonight.

Cyb

Linux/?/?/PHP5/9.1.2.1

Cybac wrote
I've seen that people upgrade to a lower version of df then upgrade the df install to 9.1.2.1. However I have also seen a warning that this could cause future problems.
For sure less problems then upgrading directly to 9.1.2.1. Try nuke -> 9.0.6.1 -> (9.1.2.1 || CVS) see how it goes.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

Got my users across,

Ran the installer to upgrade tables as described above, installed afresh version of 1.9.2.1, modded the sql tables of the upgraded version to be identicle to the fresh install, exported users then imported to the fresh install.

I'll do the same with the forums, I should probably document each step and turn it into some php code which I will do if I get chance then post it back. A crude way of doing it but it'll do the job.

Thanks to everyone so far, the forums have been a great source of information.

Cyb

Linux/?/?/PHP5/9.1.2.1