Support ⇒ Requests ⇒ Do you need a theme ported? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Themes Requests

Do you need a theme ported? Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3 Next

Heres your chance ladies and gentleman. I am taking theme port requests. Any theme you want ported to df just post the name of it and a link to get the original. Of course porting the theme depends on the author's giving permission. I have had several people interested in my theme team which is great. Now I need something for them to learn with. You all get to choose there learning material.

Each student will receive 1 theme to port as there final test.
DF community get s to choose those themes. Currently I have 3 students so I need 3 themes to port minimum. any suggestions?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Multiple Setups

Last edited by Dizfunkshunal on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

How about re-porting the fiSub themes from phpBB
The fiSubSilver Shadow is a very popular theme, but it's a mess!
There was also a fiSubBrown Shadow that I've helped ppl with in the past and it's a mess too!

I think that starting with a phpBB to DF port is probably the easiest way to start out with porting.

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

I cant find any place to download the originals from thats in English. any body got an original copy?

Multiple Setups

dragonflycms.org/Downl...age=2.html

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

ok i got em thanks

Multiple Setups

Not exactly the originals you wanted, but fixing up poorly made themes (and there are plenty out there), as opposed to simple upgrading, can be just as good a learning exercise, with the bonus of showing people what not to do.

Also bear in mind that the majority of commercial and classic themes already out there for porting simply do not meet our coding standards.

DonationsPro for DragonflyCMS & SMF

Every theme I do meets the standards.

Multiple Setups

Has anyone done any work on fisubsilversh for porting it to 9.2?

Diz,

Need to update this thread. Are you still offering to port themes for people.
Can you please post details of versions you are willing to work with.

Where do people need to go?
(you have no signature specs, no WWW, no link direction)

With the coming release of 9.2.1 people will be posting heavy requesting themes ported.
If you are not willing to work with the new version or no longer interested in please let us know so we can prune this thread.

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Yes, just been change. If the want something ported then they should go to my site and request it in the forums.

Multiple Setups

rlgura wrote
How about re-porting the fiSub themes from phpBB
The fiSubSilver Shadow is a very popular theme, but it's a mess!
There was also a fiSubBrown Shadow that I've helped ppl with in the past and it's a mess too!

I think that starting with a phpBB to DF port is probably the easiest way to start out with porting.

rosbif wrote
Has anyone done any work on fisubsilversh for porting it to 9.2?

Diz,

As you can see by the post I merged back into this thread, did you ever port this theme above as Rlgura requested?

You have a request to port it back from September was this ever done?
Are you still going to port it?

If it wasn't ported before, which version will it be available for?
And are you charging folks for porting?

no I forgot about it. I will get on it. Only time I charge is if its a Commercial theme they want ported, A theme they don't want any one else to have, or a theme they want done right now and don't want to wait for me to do it in my spare time. Anything I port now will be for 9.2

Multiple Setups

Thanks Diz for your quick reply!
fiSub has always been a popular theme, I am sure once its ported will be a well received.

I started it tonight. I will work on it as much as I can.switching everything so its controlled by css will be the time consumer

Multiple Setups

oh yea i added it to my projects module and am uploading the theme to my site for anyone who wants to can monitor my progress. when finished it will be completely up to date with DF 9.2

Multiple Setups