Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ Modules & Blocks :: Archives ⇒ Ads in Stories :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexModules & Blocks

Archived ⇒ Ads in Stories

I tried putting some adsense code in one of my stories and it basically unformatted the story and made it one big paragraph. Does anyone know how I could do this without having to fix each story format by adding a <br> or a <p> where ever there was a new paragraph? It wouldn't be a big deal, except I'm thinking of doing this to hundreds of older stories after the fact. Just curious. Thanks. Smile

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/Apache 1.3.37/MySQL 4.1.22/PHP 4.4.6/DF 9.0.6.1

Can you provide an example of what you are doing?

J.
j e r u v y a t y a h o o d o t c o m

Need help? Look here: www.dragonflycms.org/W...d=112.html
Need to chat? Look for me on irc.freenode.net

Ubuntu7.10/Debian3.1 - 2.2.3/1.3.37 - 5.0.38/4.0.27 - 5.2.1/4.4.7 - CVS/9.1.2}

Hi Jeruvy,

All I was doing was opening up an existing story and placing some adsense code at the top of the extended story text box. I figured it might be nice to integrate some text ads into each story similar to how article directories do it. It did work, but it also unformatted the story as well, so the story was one big paragraph after that. I could also fix it by adding tags into the story where breaks were needed. I was just curious if there was an easier way since I thought of doing this to a whole bunch of stories. The thought of adding adsense code into hundreds of individual stories is daunting enough...but to have to format each story as well is enough to make me reconsider. Not a big deal...just thought it would be cool and figured I'd ask if anyone knew an easier way.

Smile

Nope, didn't want a story, I wanted to see what your doing.

Keep in mind we ask of you specific requests for a reason. First we need to see what your doing and why it's happening. Then we can suggest improvments/corrections/even kudo's.

But if you'd rather not I understand.

J.

Try This

<div style="float:right;">Your Adsense code Goes Here</div> Your Story goes here

It could be float left or right whatever suits your need. It basically wraps your story text around your adsense code. Works pretty well if you ask me. Make sure you blend your code well otherwise it might just prove to be another distraction to your visitors.

Hope it helps.

Linux/1.3.33/5.0.45/5.1.4/9.1.2.1

The story was to tell you exactly what I was doing. If I showed you an example, I'd have to leave a story scrambled and looking like hell, and I'd rather not. I didn't think it was a very difficult or time intensive task to try and reproduce if someone was interested in the subject as well. I thought for this particular minor issue, information was enough. Had you specified why you wanted to see an example in your first post, I may have seen your point and provided one.

Keep in mind I offered specific information for a reason...in hopes of starting a discussion or to receive support from those willing and interested...without a condescending tone.

Jeruvy wrote
Nope, didn't want a story, I wanted to see what your doing.

Keep in mind we ask of you specific requests for a reason. First we need to see what your doing and why it's happening. Then we can suggest improvments/corrections/even kudo's.

Thank you for your reply webhax. I'll give that a try. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and help.

An easier alternative you can consider is to place the code between stories - that way you don't need to worry about the formatting in any given story affecting your adsense code. In any event, webhax's solution should work just fine.

myles wrote

Keep in mind I offered specific information for a reason...in hopes of starting a discussion or to receive support from those willing and interested...without a condescending tone.

Sarcasm aside, fair enough. I understood enough to want to 'see' what you were trying. For what ever reason you do not wish to show us what your doing. Thats fine. Sorry to have bothered you.

J.