General ⇒ $this->Website ⇒ Banned because Unknown user-agent? ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index$this->Website

Banned because Unknown user-agent? Reply to topic

Ah ha! Figured it out, also upgraded to php 5.0, needed to use that one to make it work! Tried the 9.2.1 branch one first, needed the HEAD one, thanks! Smile

btw updated my signature/server specs also Wink

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Redhat Linux/Apache - 1.3.37/mySQL - 4.1.15 /PHP - 5.2.3/Dragonfly CMS 9.2.1

I've tried to view this website using a mobile phone (HTC TyTN II) and every time it sucked.
Opera, IE and Minimo just don't have enough space on the phone to show the website properly.

Until PDA/Smartphone detection becomes a better standard and there is a theme design for small screens, i see no use for detecting them in Dragonfly.
Or are you all comfortable with the current scrolling on the 320x240 screens?

Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

Pyro.ws

User-Agent -
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22

/********************************************* MOO CMS, Copyright (c) 2007 The MOO Dev. Group. All rights reserved. This source file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the MOO Public License as published by the MOO Development Group; either version 1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. $Source: /cvs/html/includes/data/ua.inc,v $ $Revision: 1.3.2.3 $ $Author: djmaze $ $Date: 2008/03/09 12:32:53 $ **********************************************/

-mpyusko

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13

I have already updated with "ua.inc" rev 1.3.4.9 and running 9.2.1 cms.

I was testing out the Google Chrome browser when I ran into the problem.

Linux/2.28/5.0.51a-community/5.2.5/9.2.1

Using the new google chrome browser.
Using ua.inc version 1.3.4.9

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13

Managed to get Chrome Working.

added (in red)
# AppleWebKit family: Safari, OmniWeb, Shiira, DEVONtech, Sputnik
'#^Mozilla/5\.0 \(Macintosh; U; (PPC|Intel) Mac OS X[0-9_\ ]+?; [a-zA-Z\-]{2,5}\) AppleWebKit/.*? \(KHTML, like Gecko.*?\) ([a-zA-Z]+)/.*#e',
'#^Mozilla/5\.0 \(Windows; U; Windows NT [0-9\.]{3}; [a-zA-Z\-]{2,5}\) AppleWebKit/.*? \(KHTML, like Gecko.*?\) Version/.* ([a-zA-Z]+)/.*#e',
'#^Mozilla/5\.0 \(MorphOS; U; (.*[^;]); (PPC|Intel)\) AppleWebKit/.*? \(KHTML, like Gecko\) Sputnik/.*$#e',
'#^Mozilla/5\.0 \(Windows; U; Windows NT [0-9\.]{3}; [a-zA-Z\-]{2,5}\) AppleWebKit/.*? \(KHTML, like Gecko.*?\) Chrome/.* ([a-zA-Z]+)/.*#e',

# Safari family
'ua_set_data(\'\\2\', \'Mac\', \'Safari\', \'\', $agent)',
'ua_set_data(\'\\1\', \'Windows\', \'Safari\', \'\', $agent)',
'ua_set_data(\'Sputnik\', \'MorphOS\', \'Safari\', \'\', $agent)',
'ua_set_data(\'\\1\', \'Windows\', \'Safari\', \'\', $agent)',

Linux

ok, everything seems to be ok for me now.

Thanks for the chrome update! Big grin

-mpyusko

I have a user with the following:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20

Edit, 2008-09-05:
Current version of ua.ini, 1.3.4.9 gives an unknown user agent.

Unk/ Apache(Lightspeed) / MySQL 5.0.86/ PHP 5.2.6/ DF 9.2.1

Sincerely, everyday I think that the Security Option " Unknown user-agent" is more a problem than a solution. Sad

I have disabled this option, because new user agents (as Google Chrome) are banned until you update the user agent. Many times you can not konw it until a user claims to you.

Today it was for Google Chrome but I think that many times you didn't know these troubles.

Centos 5/Apache 2.2.3/MySQL:5.0.45/PHP:5.2.10 /9.2

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nb-NO; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008090514 Firefox/3.0.2

Didnt see that in this list..

My iPhone says the following:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419 (United States)
But Im not in the US Smile

I agree with Aforo about the user-agent switch in the Security options, more a thorn in the side than an useful feature.

www.jzky.net a Dragonfly site. cms.jzky.net < test site. - Pardon my bad englsih Wink
My home town

Linux / Apache / PHP Version 5.2.0 /MySQL Version 4.1.21-standard / CMS Version 9.1.1

Unknown UA will, soon, disappear and statistics module needs to be updated to reflect the changes.

Its a matter of fact that UA can be modified at any time.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

I think that is a good decision, thanks Nano.

Aforo - Google Earth - WebNaranja - DFcms.es

Centos 5/Apache 2.2.3/MySQL:5.0.45/PHP:5.2.10 /9.2

Google Chrome

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.3.154.9 Safari/525.19

-

Opera 10 Alpha is not in the latest ua.inc

Opera/10.00 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

-

using version 1.15 of ua.inc and getting banned for unknown user-agent

(client is latest iPhone)

Server- CMS Version 9.2.1

useragent:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Linux / 2.2.9 (Unix) / 5.0.45-community-log / 5.2.6 / 9.2.1