Dragonfly CMS v9 ⇒ IIS Specific Issues :: Archives ⇒ What issues moving DF - shared linux -> dedicated windows? :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexIIS Specific Issues

Archived ⇒ What issues moving DF - shared linux -> dedicated windows?

are there any known issues with transferring dragonfly from a shared Linux server
to a dedicated Windows server?

Please enter your server specs in your user profile! 😢

Yes:

1. LEO doesn't work out of the box. You must enhance IIS
2. IIS 5 sucks, use atleast IIS6

or even better: use Apache

B.t.w. there are many reasons why you shouldn't use Windows server.
These reasons are scatterd all over the web and are not realy Dragonfly related but are actualy system intensive mishaps, overheads and who knows what else.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Fedora 25 / Apache 2.4.27 / MariaDB 10.1.26 / PHP 7.1.10 / Mercurial

as far as i know i don't think ill be using LEO ( unless there is a benefit to use it) not that its bad or not needed but im not fully aware of its practicality with what im running.
Ill have to look into it

and as for IIS 5
whats this?
Sorry for the probably "what would you ask that" type question but im doing alittle research for a client that ill be managing a DF installation for.

IIS is not designed to support PHP properly.
Therefore it is a hassle to get the right web UID permissions, etc.
This is somewhat better sorted in IIS 6 but you still need to be a very damn good server administrator to get everything properly running.

If not, it might be possible that file uploading (like in forums and coppermine) will not work, nor does the advanced caching system inside Dragonfly.

Sure it affects Dragonfly, but it is system wide since it affects any PHP application.

i guess from this standpoint i can install i there and do some testing to see what does and doesnt work

Id like to keep this thread as open as possible and post information related to that which could possibly help anyone else who is having random problems with a DF install not knowing its mainly because they are installing on Windows based server and any resolutions can be found here.

If this thread gets too old and lost in the shuffle, ill start a BLOG or something of the sort in one of my domains and keep that updated with activity thats taking place.

Thanks for your insight Maze

and by the way ( i see the "DJ" in your name )
What / where do you play?

Sure keep it open, and if you need we might can some (including myself) do run IIS servers Wink

Shall i move this to IIS forum then?

[offtopic]

I was a DJ in the Netherlands, mostly playing club and house

yes lets move this to the IIS section, keep it open and ill post updates to whats going on.

I run my DF installations on MS Windows Server 2003 with Apache 2.

1] LEO kills my server (100% utilization)
2] .htaccess files don't work 100% correct

I tried setting up a Linux server (SuSe), couldn't get the permissions to work properly for some reason, said the heck with it and used what I was familiar with. But I would also recommend using Apache over IIS (MS Internet Information Service - if you hadn't found that out yet).

Admin - Great Lakes Web Designs
Theme Designer - WebSite Guru Designs
Site Admin - Families with Food Allergies

Linux 2.6.27-grsec/Apache 2.2.11/MySQL 5.0.67-community-log/PHP 5.2.8/DF 9.2.1

rlgura thanks very much for that information.

Ill keep it all in mind (everything that i read here) when doing the install / test

I will be doing a HELL of a lot of recoding to the php pages after testing is setup properly like friendly URLS, iframes, and so on.