Support ⇒ Gamers Modules & Blocks ⇒ MP3 player ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum Index Modules & Blocks Gamers Modules & Blocks

MP3 player Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2 Next

NIce Sites Very Happy

That mp3 player block on your suf site, where did you get it?? How does it show the different songs in the scroll down menu??

Thx,
Heckler Cool

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 4.1.21-standard / 4.4.6 / 9.2.1

Heckler wrote
NIce Sites Very Happy

That mp3 player block on your suf site, where did you get it?? How does it show the different songs in the scroll down menu??

Thx,
Heckler Cool

thx. kinda funny you ask about the mp3 player.

seems i got it from your site.!!!

click your link to your site and take a look....

Server 2003 R2/MySQL{4.1.22}/PHP{5.22}/CPG9.1.1

LOL, well mine doesn't have the scroll down bar with all the songs in the playlist...

Are you sure you got it from my site??

Phone Rumors | My Solution Manuals | My Online Money Guide | Premium WordPress Themes

i went to block_playlist.xml and edited the track title, song and location. and we got the scroll bar. after adding morethen 1 song the scroll bar becomes active. although after looking at your site, i kinda like the version with the floater.

Xtreme

That's what I did too, but its not showing up Sad your height is 180 right?? Whats your display height??

Got it to work Smile Xtreme, If you want the player with the floater, you can get it at ehpdesigns.com Smile

good job........ and thx for the info on the floater. awesome mp3 player that works very well.

Xtreme

Np Smile Yeah, mp3 player is awesome Very Happy

well im trying my hand at the floater MP3 player, but not much loading it. the block player is searching for a song as well as the floater.

see :SNS Racing

any help would be greatfull i wanna use this MP3 player on all my sites

I just wanted a nice mp3 player that plays from a list.xml but that i can have in a side block and be able to have it pop up in a new window so members can search the site while still being able to listen to the songs (Don't know if this is what your looking for)

I found a decent player at psychosquids(you can change background in any paint program) site and after searching for days on how to make it pop up in new window, i found this code, ( might work with your player ) just change the link to your player and the size of the popup window that you prefer.
Put before the html player code:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=200,height=260');");
}
// End -->

and this after the player code
<form>
<input type=button value="Open Popup Window" onClick="javascript:popUp('http://.../mp3/mp3player.swf')">
</form>

Works great

Red Hat Linux 7.3

Kind of reviving an old thread here, so please forgive me.

I am pretty much a newborn baby to the whole DF CMS system. I was trying to get this music module and block working on my site.

Now, I have no problems if I edit the .php and tell it what song to play, but for whatever reason I can't get it to play off the XML playlist. It just sits there looking to connect.

I am sure it's something retarded I am doing but I've been messing with it for a couple hours now and I haven't gotten it. I "thought" it was as simple as replacing the "mp3/song#1.mp3" from the default .php file to "player/block_playlist.xml" but it's obviously not that simple.

Any suggestions or do you need any more info from me? Thanks in advance gang.

Linux / 1.3.37 (Unix) / 5.0.45 / 5.2.5 / 9.1.2.1

Okay, well nix that first part. I finally got it working fine in the block, but the float still doesn't want to play off the playlist. I did change the "mp3_float.php" file as well to match the same settings as the in block player...but not dice.

Watch though, I will probably figure it out and have to come back and say I figured it out here.

Go figure, it's usually when I break down and ask for help on forums that I suddenly figure something out.

EDIT- I should say that I still haven't been able to get a "playlist" to show on the player itself in either the blocked player or the float.

It should just work to put "player/block_playlist.xml" in both files Confused

To get the playlist showing make the mp3 player height like 180 and then let the display height be 100. For the width I would put 150. If you change it to this you should see the playlist.

Heckler wrote
It should just work to put "player/block_playlist.xml" in both files Confused

To get the playlist showing make the mp3 player height like 180 and then let the display height be 100. For the width I would put 150. If you change it to this you should see the playlist.

Woot! Thanks for that info on how to get the playlist to show (you know...I prolly could have read that above Razz )

The float still isn't working for me though. I can actually see the songs in the playlist on the float, but it can't seem to connect...so I am obviously missing something silly here too.

EDIT: Oddly enough, to get the blocked player to find the playlist I actually had to point it to "http://www.gametechworld.com/player/block_playlist.xml"

"player/block_playlist.xml" wasn't working for me. Now, like I said, the .php files for both the blocked player and the float are identical, but the float just sits there spinning away unable to connect.

SECOND EDIT: Actually, even more odd is that the float player won't read or see anything if I use the full url "http://www.gametechworld.com/player/block_playlist.xml" like the blocked player does (in fact, that was on the only way the blocked play would work).

I am starting to wonder if there's something hinky with my host because it is "trying to connect" on the float...it's just "waiting for gametechworld.com" forever.

Can you post the code of your mp3 player block and the mp3 float, it is easier to help then.