Support ⇒ Upgrades :: Archives ⇒ Rollback failed :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexUpgrades

Archived ⇒ Rollback failed

Hi guys

I had a minor issue come up, which is kinda divided into two, and I made a booboo in the process.

First off, I had some issues with Coppermine not giving access. Having tried for 2 hours to find anything that would help me with it, I decided the best option would be to try the new CVS release.

I took a file backup of the server, leaving out only the themes folder (mainly due to the fact that I in my stupor forgot the importance of the default folder) I didn't make an SQL backup, since I figured no changes would be made to the database without me actually accepting it first. Stupid, I know.

Anyway, I uploaded the CVS, gave access to the config.php file, and started the install.php (I first tried accessing the site normally, getting the Maintenance Mode screen) At the second part of the Install, it already started doing something with the SQL, making an error when it reached the blocks_custom table, claiming that it already existed (which it obviously did). As soon as I saw it, I stopped and made a backup up the database as it was at that moment. However I still couldn't get any further with the CVS installation, since it kept saying the tables already existed, and wouldn't do an upgrade. And I wasn't so keen on losing all my user information and setups.

So, finally I decided to do a rollback, copying back the files. Everything came up again, except... all the left blocks were gone. Checking the setup, everything looked fine, and checking the database, everything looked fine.

Okay then, then possibly we could try putting the distribution 9.1.2.1 files in for the themes, and includes - and I started systematically replacing all files with the distribution files, without overwriting the few ones I had changed by installing certain modules. No change. Okay, then I installed the extra modules I had installed before again. No change. Reinstalled my custom themes. No change. Tried reverting to the basic default theme. No change.

So basically, I'm stuck with two problems:

1) the CVS didn't do an upgrade, but tried to make a fresh install, replacing crucial tables. Possibly it DID update some tables, which are now not containing the data I need.

2) After the rollback, my menu on the left side is gone. All admin settings are the way they should be and 99.9% of all files are back to distribution files. Only ones that aren't, are the basic htaccess for the site, as well as the config.php (which obviously wasn't there in distribution)

Any clever suggestions? I was working on this for 3-4 hours last night, and looked through a myriad of posts in that time, most of which were years old, and didn't relate to my issue. Most merely said to copy the files in again - which I'd already done. Twice.

The site is keepers.*game-dev.*org - dedicated to a WoW guild I run. Remove *s to use link - it's just to prevent bot-searches.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance - I realize the mistakes I've done during this, but presently would just like to get the site up and running again.

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux / Apache 2.0.52 / MySQL 5.0.27 / PHP 5.2.1 / DF 9.1.2.82

Is it an 9.1.2.1 to CVS upgrade?

If so,
Noia wrote
reached the blocks_custom table, claiming that it already existed (which it obviously did).
means that you have done some customization to your site or you missed telling us something. In fact this table is not present in 9.1.2.1.

.:: I met php the 03 December 2003 :: Unforgettable day! ::.

CloudLinux / Apache 2.4 LSAPI / MySQLi 5.6 / PHP 5.6 / DCVS

*scratch* okay that IS odd... I haven't made any major customizations of any kind, that I'm aware of. Could've come from one of only two extra modules I have (Item_stats, and WoWRosterDF)

But yes, it's a 9.1.2.1 to CVS 9.1.2.8 upgrade I attempted.

But checking the old original backup of the database, from before I installed those plugins, it doesn't have that table, true enough.

Basically then, I should be able to... Uninstall the modules I mentioned before, delete the table, and try again, or? - If that works, I can always just reinstall those modules. Is that a viable solution?

You may try to, there is an high percentage that will work.

Nope - sad to say, it did nothing.

I uninstalled the modules.
Removed the table.
Cleared the cache.

Still missing the menus on the left side.

Did you tried the upgrade again?

When I tried the CVS, I forgot to mention, I tried removing the blocks_customs, but then it wanted to create the user table again (error stating that it already existed) - which I can't just delete. So I turned back and reuploaded the blocks_customs from the backup, and tried the rollback.

To upgrade to the newest CVS, do I really need to clear out my users table?

Are you sharing the same databases for different DragonflyCMS installs?

Nope - just the one in there.

I can try it again, and post screenshots, if that'll help any(?) (provided of course that it doesn't just suddenly work, leaving me looking silly)

Okay, I've reinstalled the CVS, and it seems to be working now, after having to remove 5 tables to proceed (cms_users, cms_users_fields, cms_users_temp, and blocks_custom) - I reuploaded the contents of cms_users after checking that the structure was the same.

The site is now up and running, although the theme I was using is busted to kingdom come. I think I saw some remarks of that somewhere, so I'll have to check that out.

However, I had an odd thing, which was that I had a private message on my profile before the update. I went to read that after the update, and marked it as read. Then going back to home I noticed that the amount of read private messages didn't change. I tried a few more times, but the number didn't change. I changed it in the record in the database, and that worked without a hitch. But shouldn't it still be updating that on its own, or did something change in that respect?

Its session based, just wait 30 seconds OR close and reopen the browser.

Theme modified, and is working.

Now just lacks the missing updates to the private messages count, and apparently also the "amount of users registered today" count.

I use Firefox - I cleared the cache and authenticated sessions before proceeding. - But I'll try again of course ^^

I tried again, clearing cache on server and on client, had a user send a message, and tried it out. Everything works fine now, so it was just a glitch from the start apparently - probably forgot to clear something somewhere.

So, everything's up and running well again - I never found a post stating that I needed to remove those 5 tables before adding the CVS, but nevertheless, it works now, so feel free to tag it as solved Smile

Now to find out whether it fixed my initial problem with Coppermine that caused me to do the change in the first place...

Ackh - forgot to say thanks for the help Nano *bows*

Have a nice weekend!