Support ⇒ Explain Please :: Archives ⇒ Members Config Fields :: Archived ⇒ Community Forums ⇒ CPG Dragonfly™ CMS
Forum IndexExplain Please

Archived ⇒ Members Config Fields

I must be missing something because I don't understand the purpose of the fields. Right now all of the Fields display as "Hidden" on the Fields admin page. But if I put something into my Public profile, it is not hidden. It shows up just fine.

For example, I entered information for "My Location". Locaton is set to Hidden. But if I log off of the site and view my profile as the Anonymous user, My Location shows the information I entered.

So my questions is what is the purpose of fields?

Server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS):
Linux/1.3.37/4.1.22/5.0.5/9.1.2.1

that hidden show,etc. is for the registration page not profile unless you make a field private then that field will not show on the users profile unless your logged in as admin.

Multiple Setups

Thanks.

Linux/1.3.37/4.1.22/5.0.5/9.1.2.1

np

Multiple Setups

I am adding fields in my members configuration for registration. I can choose to make these fields hidden or required. Is there any way to make them both hidden AND required? For instance, I am requiring users to give me their street address for snail mail purposes. I do not believe my users want this visible, but it is necessary that I have this information.

How can I do this?
--Ann

Linux/PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL Version 5.5.32-log (client: 5.5.32)/Dragonfly 9.3.4.0

I suspect your answer is here Smile

Actually...partially. But I think I know where to make it private. I can't edit the fields once they're created, so I have to recreate them as private to begin with, then make them required.

--Ann

Linux/PHP Version 5.2.17 MySQL Version 5.5.32-log (client: 5.5.32)/Dragonfly 9.3.4.0

If you have pre-existing defined fields you can edit them through phpmyadmin, table cms_users_fields

Browse the table, select the record you want to edit and change the "section" column value to "3".

ah, yes, thank you.
--Ann